Forums are back in action! ×

Batman's work out

i spent a good part of yesterday wondering what Batman does for a work out. i know, productive. but seriously, as one of the most famous non-powered superhero's, Batman must stay in shape, and has to do it in the best way possible.

Batman operates at night, so roughly eight hours of patrolling and investigating crimes. As Bruce Wayne, he is expected to make the occasional appearance at Wayne Enterprises, plus the frequent appearances with models and other beautiful women to keep up appearances of the billionaire playboy.

We know he is a master martial artist, trained for years as a youth in various dojos and temples. he gets tons of practice on a nightly basis by beating up Gotham City's criminals, but i bet he, as Bruce Wayne, still hires a master once or twice a week to really practice with and refine his moves against a skilled opponent.

i bet that his main work out is not too focused on cardio. I mean, he has the car, motorcycle, jet, and boat to help get him around. i bet he can run a 5-6 minute mile for a good 3 miles with his fully loaded suit, but Batman is probably not doing marathons.

So i'm wondering what people think is his other work outs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Urban Scout

STR - 6 DEX - 6 STA - 11 CON - 2 WIS - 4 CHA - 6

My Epic Quest: http://tinyurl.com/7ey2ylw

Most Recent Mission: Visit Chichen Itza (Completed 11/18/12)

I am currently: Level 3 (0% to Level 4)

Based off the movies, what little is shown, and the animated series. Batman has a daily routine of gymnastics (including a lot of body weight exercises) and martial arts (ninjitsu mostly) plus weight lifting. He also does endurance swims though I don't remember seeing any time where he was going for a run or anything. I think as Batman he would be more focused on the explosive power and sprinting than long distance running.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Apparently, he's big into deadlifts. ;)

http://www.mensfitness.com/leisure/entertainment/batman%E2%80%99s-workout-routine-revealed

2065161-batman_training_training_schedule.jpg

The 20-mile run on Wednesday morning doesn't fit. Batman would be a sprinter not a marathoner.

yeah... but, it says he ran a 4:50 mm. and he's PISSED about it!! lol. i agree he's probably a sprinter, but the running keeps him lean. you don't want too much bulk in the batsuit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Urban Scout

I'm thinking back to the Mythbusters where they designed grappling hooks for Batman's utility belt. Adam & Jamie aren't that out of shape, but they were still struggling with the climb. I've got to believe he's doing more rock climbing than just an hour of bouldering once a week. At least rope climb intervals in those met-cons or gymnastics workouts....

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

I'm thinking back to the Mythbusters where they designed grappling hooks for Batman's utility belt. Adam & Jamie aren't that out of shape, but they were still struggling with the climb. I've got to believe he's doing more rock climbing than just an hour of bouldering once a week. At least rope climb intervals in those met-cons or gymnastics workouts....

-jj

it says that he does some rope climbing on mondays. and i'm doing his met-con work out tonight. going for go for five sets of 1/4 mile run (8:30mm), 21 kettle bell swings (24kgs), and 12 pull ups. i'll post my time if i am still alive after it. its my birthday, and while most people would take today as a rest day, i'm using it as motivation to be even more awesomer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Urban Scout

it says that he does some rope climbing on mondays. and i'm doing his met-con work out tonight. going for go for five sets of 1/4 mile run (8:30mm), 21 kettle bell swings (24kgs), and 12 pull ups. i'll post my time if i am still alive after it. its my birthday, and while most people would take today as a rest day, i'm using it as motivation to be even more awesomer.

i did the work out in 30.38 minutes. i ran at an 8mm pace, did the kb swings with a 20kg weight, and my first set of pull ups i did 12 straight. all other sets of pull ups were broken up into sets of six, and then four.

i got some very weird looks at my globo gym. and today i have t-rex arms.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Urban Scout