Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm Miranda: college student and, as the title of this post says, wannabe traceuse--I took a parkour class last semester and it was pretty awesome. However, it sort of opened my eyes to how not-fit I am, seeing as I have always been bookish and nerdy. So now I am starting to lift weights and I'm also taking martial arts and self defense courses this semester. I've rock climbed in the past, so I also want to get back to that when my schedule's not too busy. Basically, I kinda just want to be badass, though that's obviously not a very concrete goal....

Food-wise, I'm not looking to go paleo any time soon (eating in the dining halls makes that kind of difficult when there are a lot of grains and the meat is always slightly suspicious) but I'm trying to lower my grain intake and boost my protein to build muscle. I love food and cooking, too, and I'm trying to wean myself off the dining hall and cook more for myself. My love for fruit is unparalleled.

My nerd side loves Doctor Who and Sherlock, as well as a bunch of obscure academic interests I could probably lecture for hours on. It's nice to meet all of you!

I think the fitness goals are pretty sweet -- who doesn't want to be badass! I've been intrigued by parkour ever since I watched my first YouTube video about it. Haven't really tried it too much, though (but the MovNat stuff I do can be similar). What type of weight-lifting are you starting to do?

Good luck with the eating situation haha.

I am a hardcore parkour fan... And I want to be a traceur too.... But looking at my body right now, regardless of what my fitness level is, I know I am nowhere near to even starting to think about being a traceur. I need to get my weight down to a manageable level first and then build up my muscles and then learn parkour. I have a long way to go... But you are halfway (probably more) there. You know where you are... you are taking martial arts lessons and lifting weights... All the best for your journey :) Hopefully when I am ready, and my body is able to take it, you could give me advise on parkour :)

Welcome to the Rebellion! Parkour has been a goal of mine since I first learned about it a year or so ago. It's one of my goals for this 6 week challenge to get to my first class and get involved. All because I want to be a badass when I grow up too (I'm already 41 but not grown up)

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!