Forums are back in action! ×

Tire flips

Yesterday afternoon I went to a new gym (which coincidentally has the same initials as nerd fitness, NF), it has a lot of other equipment that my tiny gym does not. I did an hour of plyo which included box jumps, weighted ball wall toss, walking pushups, weighted ball slams(which kill your back and abs) and various other jumping exercises.

Then I was shown the tires, there was a 200 pound, a 300 pound and there was even one that was 1000 pounds! I was very intimidated at first considering that this was all new to me but I was not about to wimp out and say no so after being shown a couple of times how to properly lift the tire and then flip it the intimidation completely vanished. I flipped the tire for the length of the gym and back for three sets, felt awesome!!! Can't wait to conquer the 300 pound!!!

You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted. -Ruth E. Renkl

Yeah you did! AND you looked seriously badass doing it....

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.