Forums are back in action! ×

Costumes this year

With the very real hope that I will set off some kind of throw down, what is everyone doing for Halloween costumes this year?  I'm doing a Pictish warrior.  Unfortunately I don't have a picture of that, but here's me as Albert Einstein a few years ago.  It was at work and I had my whiteboard covered with several of his equations (which no one noticed).

Spoiler

Einstein.jpeg

• Like 1

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

Sadly, I'm not skilled at costumes.  But one of my friends is making a fully articulated Alexandrite costume, and I keep squealing over every in-progress pic.  I can't wait to see the final thing!

• Like 1

Holtzmann is my copilot.

"have you ever thought 'i am not good enough to do this?' THATS THE SOUND OF YOUR REVERSE TWIN. do not listen. you are good enough to do this" - Chuck Tingle

I didn't plan costumes at all this year. Luckily I love costuming and the kids dress up clothes so we threw together outfits at the last minute. Spiff and I were Robin Hood and Marion. The kids were "gothic medieval princess" (her description), cowboy, Mario, Chinese outfit, and baby medieval dress. 

Last year we coordinated. Spiff was the mad hatter, I was Alice, and the kids were red queen, card soldier, Mario (he won't be anything else, and who am I to squelch such devotion), and a pink rabbit.

• Like 1

Mama Gnome, Healer and Crafter

Keeper of the Five Hobbits

All Around Awesome

Going to be staying home and handing out candy this year. But since this is my first year handing out candy at my own house (I have worked the last 7 years I have lived there) I figured to go all the way and dress up. Figured I could be a princess. I have an old bridesmaids dress from my mom's wedding (have a better one from my sisters but lost too much weight lol) Paired with a tiara, Instant costume.

Now just hope I have enough candy (but not too much don't want any leftovers).

• Like 1

I wasn't able to dress up (boo!) but Colin went to the door with a skull mask, and a snake wrapped around his shoulders. :D 

We have had tons of guisers this year (we're Scottish, we don't "trick or treating", we go guising). We nearly ran out of sweets and had to raid the cupboards to find extra things to fill up the basket. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

1 hour ago, Guzzi said:

I wasn't able to dress up (boo!) but Colin went to the door with a skull mask, and a snake wrapped around his shoulders. :D 

We have had tons of guisers this year (we're Scottish, we don't "trick or treating", we go guising). We nearly ran out of sweets and had to raid the cupboards to find extra things to fill up the basket. 

GaNNf2oA_400x400.png

It's funny if you speak American.

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

10 minutes ago, Mike_d85 said:

While we're on the Scottish... my wife and my costumes were pictish warriors.

Hide contents

fark_BX5Mf-OeObbMBc4LZqIyGe7cGyI.jpg?t=l

Yep.  100% historically accurate.  Just like the film "Braveheart"

Oh poop! I cant see the photo! :(

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously