Forums are back in action! ×

Most outlandish life goal

I've reached a lot of my earlier life goals: work and live in other countries (I've done both in Mexico, Japan and now Italy); become fluent in another language (I was pretty good in Spanish for a while there, and am now fluent in Italian); get married, have children (check, check); teach at the university level (doing that)...

And I've abandoned a few: skydiving, piloting an airplane. They just don't interest me like they once did.

Now my goals are more health/fitness oriented. I've broken through the pushups on my toes barrier, but getting my first pullup seems to evade me. Damn, I'd be happy to do a chinup. I've always been a skinny, weakling type so this is actually a BIG and DIFFICULT goal for me to achieve. I'd also like to get into competitive dancing. I'm working on these goals now.

Never thought about an outlandish life goal (most of my goals are fairly practical). But when I started reading this thread, one outlandish goal came to mind...

Sky dive off the Eiffel Tower!

Always loved that scene from View to a Kill. Not sure it will every happen, but that is definitely my outlandish life goal.

Checkout the "Advanced Riskology" blog for someone who is working on the every country goal

Thanks for the headsup! I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with this blog, haha.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

Guest Eduard

Move to Italy and live there with my future wife and daughter near all my relatives in a decent house with garden, a silver BMW, a dog (I'd love a pure white husky, but I'm probably gonna just have a regular, playful dog) handsome body, and having my design studio there which will earn me more money than I need. So my most outlandish life goal is living a perfect life.

I want to surf Sunset Beach - at size. For a family man that lives 8 hours away from the nearest ocean, that's pretty much like saying I want to punch Chuck Norris in the face...

Sunset Beach in California? I grew up near there... I gotta say the surf at that particular beach isn't the most amazing. You might be better off at Huntington, Zuma or San Onofre.

I'm kind of at a loss here, I used to have dreams that seemed crazy unrealistic (dead hang pullup, full split) that I've now achieved... haven't yet figured out what's next.

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

Thanks for the headsup! I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with this blog, haha.

Find his account of running the marathon in Africa...through the preserve with the lions, elephants and rhinos (that will keep you moving)... And I did not know that you can run a marathon and a triathlon in Antartica!!

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Nothing too outlandish. My dream has always been to teach, but being the sole breadwinner with two kids (my wife does volunteer work - conscious choice) means that this goal is only like to be achieved after the mortgage is settled. But I still intend to keep dreaming about it.

Oh yeah - to see the Proteas win the cricket world cup in my lifetime!

One crazy goal - to drive an F1 car around a race track.

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

Move to Australia. Doesn't sound particularly outlandish to some but I visited last year and fell in love with the place. There's so much keeping me in the UK though (family, friends etc) that its a pretty unrealistic goal for me.

Go on, do it! I highly recommend it :) I'm not sure how old you are, but may be able to get a working holiday visa or even a 457 visa to live and work there. If you plan to go for a year, you can get home on a return flight if you want. It only gets more challenging once you pass 30 and if/when you have kids, so just go for it! Nothing will have changed by the time you get back :)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

One crazy goal - to drive an F1 car around a race track.

That's not crazy, that's simply awesome.

My goal in life, to have a job where I can travel solo for a good portion of every year.

Also, to finally make it to that family reunion in the Czech Republic.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

To jet-set around the world on someone elses bill playing rugby. Doesn't even have to be pro; just pay my hotel, flight, and beer and I'll subsist off of that :D

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Go to Vegas. They have a track where you can rent and race exotic cars. Some I believe are F1s. :D

Thanks BigM. From South Africa - Vegas is a seriously long way away. Will add that to my bucket list for the day when I no longer have to worry about money! For now, will have to stick to the console F1 edition. *sigh*

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

Practice parkour and do backflips, plural, consecutive. At a ridiculously out of shape 37, having never managed even one back flip, the clock is ticking in my joints. I'll need muscle, lots of it, to stay safe--that's why I'm here.

I just keep seeing it in my head and knowing how it will feel--like flying. I want it pretty badly...Maybe if I am really careful and work really hard...

Never cheat off the dumb kid.

I'd say mine is opening a wildlife based summer camp for kids with disabilities and behavior problems. My goal is 1 camp counselor for three kids to give them a lot of much needed attention and exercise. I strongly believe in giving "trouble kids" healthier choices to express there frustrations with creative outlets plus help kids get the self confidence they need to achieve their goals.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Wake Your Dreams...

Oh, and I would also like to rock the theme of FF IV on my violin.

Most of the other FF music wouldn't be bad to learn either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLTEOAD0-Wg

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

Publish my young-adult novel and get super famous and have all the annoying teenage fangirls argue over whether they are "Team Faraday" or "Team Rutherford" *snrk*

Working as a software developer at a company that does fitness motivation software ... like Fitocracy ... *dreamy sigh*

When I was younger my biggest outlandish dream was to go into space, but I kind of ... I don't know, outgrew it I guess, or maybe became disillusioned is a better term. It makes me sad to think about it now, because it used to mean SO much to me, and now, well yes, of course I'd be thrilled if the opportunity arose, but I just can't bring myself to passionately care about it the way I did when I was a teenager. Makes me wonder if I'll care about the things that are important to me now in a few years' time. Of course, I still think the eventual colonization of space is essential for humanity's survival, it just no longer matters so fervently that I, personally, be the one to go. And I just made myself sad, boo.

To jet-set around the world on someone elses bill playing rugby. Doesn't even have to be pro; just pay my hotel, flight, and beer and I'll subsist off of that :D

When I make my first $10,000,000 I might be able to afford a rugby player's beer tab for a trip around the world. :P

Alright, screw the CTI goal, I just got a much better one.

CTI MUSCLE-UP COMING THROUGH

You know what a CTI muscle up is? Grab an overhead bar, get into a deadhang. Without bending your arms perform a muscle up. Congratulations, you're pound-for-pound the strongest person on earth. Now go perform a few victorians on the Olympics.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

I'd say mine is opening a wildlife based summer camp for kids with disabilities and behavior problems. My goal is 1 camp counselor for three kids to give them a lot of much needed attention and exercise. I strongly believe in giving "trouble kids" healthier choices to express there frustrations with creative outlets plus help kids get the self confidence they need to achieve their goals.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

That's a very admirable goal, I hope you achieve it! For your sake and for the kids' sake!