Forums are back in action! ×

Finally found the right place.. I think!

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. Sorry for my English - I'm a Norwegian currently living in London. I found this place yesterday and thought to myself that this was what I've been looking for in a very long time. It seems that there's a lot of motivational posts and stories on this forum and that is exactly what I need. 

Here's my story:

In high school I was very athletic. Sports have never been difficult for me. I especially enjoyed playing football, hockey and doing crossfit. At this time in my life I was doing something cardio-related at least 3-4 times per week. But 5 years ago I broke my leg in a skiing accident and this changed EVERYTHING. It took a long time before I was able to do any sports again and now I find it very difficult to motivate myself. Over the past 5 years I've gained 20 kilos and I feel so bad about my body. My plan is finally to change this mind set.

I'm currently in the process of building my own home gym in the basement. I've got plenty of space for the machines and I think that a home gym would be good for me so I can fit a workout in between work and other daily routines. So far so good.

Hope you all reach your goals! I'm looking forward to have some nice conversations with you on this forum!

Hey and welcome to the Rebellion!

If anyone gives you hassle about your English, respond in Norwegian as rudely as you like... :)

Well done for picking yourself up and getting back to it! It's really hard to come back from injury, especially psychologically!

There are quite a few Nerds around London and loads of us in the UK if you ever need to ask UK-specific questions and I know a bunch of gyms and trainers around London. :) 

Anyway, always happy to try to help if I can!

Sundae