Forums are back in action! ×

Question for Doctors, physiatrists or physical therapists on here...

Just a quick question...I have decided to pro-actively include some of the physical therapy exercises i have been given over the years after various injuries in an effort to keep those areas strong and avoid any further injury.

I have had trapezoid issues, siatica issues, piriformis issues and IT band issues, shoulder and elbow tendonitis. oh and neck issue. LOL so I have all my reports from the PT and the prescriptions so I am simply doing them. In way of explanation I am an Ex-ballerina with hyper flexibility and I had chronic Lyme disease....

My question is this--in the past I went to the PT 3 times a week. Does that sound like a good schedule for these exercises? Do you all expect patients to do exercises every day? 5 days a week? or 3 days with rest in between like every other exercise?

I am not asking you to prescribe for me, LOL just your opinion on frequency. THANKS in advance!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I'm not a Physical Therapist, but I'm a trainer and my girlfriend is a PT, so my knowledge is limited, but I am pretty sure rest is still needed depending on your physical capabilities. Seeing as physical therapy is usually low intensity though, you should be able to get away with one or two more days of it a week if you wanted.

This is also dependent on how active you are otherwise as well. Don't kill yourself training to be healthy