Forums are back in action! ×

Really upset about a new trend for getting high in teens

This is obviously just my opinion, but I feel like we should talk about ALL that stuff: making it taboo until a certain age or making it a Subject i.e. The Sex Talk gives it more power and makes it more likely kids will turn to their peers for more information. I used age-appropriate language, but no subject has ever been off limits.

^This.

My goal is to be an askable, unflappable parent. To get there, I need to demonstrate knowledge and comfort on a daily basis with some culturally uncomfortable topics. Only then will my kids know that I'm okay with discussing these things.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Is this really real? Seriously, "buttchugging"?

I feel like this has to be an urban legend or something - otherwise those crazy drunken homeless guys I pass on the way home everyday would be economizing and doing this instead of drinking bottles of Olde E and/or Listerine.

If it is actually the real deal, then woah.

Also, if you want to see some really horrific substance abuse lookup Up Krocodil/Crocodile. It's apparently a cheap opiate substitute that's rampant in Russia. Impurities literally dissolve people from the inside out...

My friend is a trauma nurse at the hospital and she is also a member of the community first aid squad and a certified EMT. We spoke about this in response to a new concert venue that had opened up in our town and that they were serving under aged kids and so many had been having to go to the hospital with drug over doses that they wanted to close the place down. She told me that they had had 8 deaths that weekend, 6 from butt chugging and 2 from Xanax and heroine overdoses. Why would I think it was false?

I spoke to my two daughters about it and one had actually heard of it and the other had not. I feel better talking to them about it. While I do check snopes after getting emails about mall abductions etc. Why would I doubt the words of a trained professional?

It is a fact that the abdominal mucous membranes can absorb substances directly and especially the anus which is part of the large intestine and is MADE to absorb stuff. There have been cases of folks killing themselves with coffee enemas so why not alcohol?

I am for legalization--i have tried a lot of different things but do not do them anymore....the whole pot thing had nothing to do with getting high and everything to do with Paper costs and Randolph Hearst...you can read all about it if you care to.

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

My friend is a trauma nurse at the hospital and she is also a member of the community first aid squad and a certified EMT. We spoke about this in response to a new concert venue that had opened up in our town and that they were serving under aged kids and so many had been having to go to the hospital with drug over doses that they wanted to close the place down. She told me that they had had 8 deaths that weekend, 6 from butt chugging and 2 from Xanax and heroine overdoses. Why would I think it was false?

It's just an absurdly named idea, that is in itself pretty absurd. Also high-proof alcohol + mucous membrane = major stingage...

Is it possible the kids got the idea from some urban legend, and made it reality?

If that's the case, it's a damn shame. I have better things to do than get high, so I'm not an expert by any means, but I'd never heard of vodka gummy bears, vodka tampons or any of the other asinine "drugs" until I heard about them on the news. I still think it might be a bit exaggerated, but stranger things have happened (fermented s%*^ anyone?).

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

I think you need to punch your friend on the shoulder and ask her how many jenkem deaths there have been.

Is E. coli transferrable in vapor form?

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.