Forums are back in action! ×

Excited to be here

Hi Nerd Fitness!!

I'm excited to jump on these forums and become more active within this community =). Nerd Fitness is amazing and I've been a long time lurker. I want to learn more and hopefully be able to help others learn more as well. Our bodies are our temples =).

A little about me:

I'm a 29 year old software developer living in Seattle and over the past few years have decided to take control of my health and fitness in a way that I enjoy. For me, that became yoga. I practice almost every day and love working on inversions. My first set of gymnastic rings came in the mail a few weeks ago and I just need to find a place to use them. I've recently started swimming and running as well, although I have to be careful running because of some really tight hamstrings that can get angry and painful if I push myself running.

I eat towards a Paleo lifestyle. Recently I've gone a bit past the deep end and have been tracking my macros with an app called Cronometer. I've been weighing food down to the gram. I don't really like counting calories, and it's an imperfect science by all means, but it's formed a better relationship between myself and the food I eat. It's helped me answer questions along the lines of: If I went to yoga today, took a walk at lunch, and a walk when I got home, how much should I eat to maintain my weight? What about to lose weight? It's also helped me relate my mood, my energy, my weight, and my food. I have logs of everything I've eaten, along with my weight, sleep, etc, for the past 5 months. I even started a Paleo blog (although I haven't updated it in awhile).

Because of the changes I've made in my life, I went from 240 lbs to 170lbs (with abs!). I'm happier and have more energy. I'm looking forward to whatever is coming next.