Forums are back in action! ×

Introducing myself. suggestions for a guild?

Hi

Just introducing myself here for the first time.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/141782

Here is the blurb from my 'character profile' to say a little about me.

"My avatar picture is really me (or at least it was). And it hasn't been photo shopped, well aside from the blanked out face and false tan hahah. So I used to be in great shape. And I'm proud to say that I did it without the use of steroids. However I pushed things too far and got hurt after a period of very hard dieting and training. I don't know what I did to myself but about 3 years ago sh*t hit the fan. I was no longer able to train without getting quickly injured, suffered from digestive problems, severe episodes of clinical depression, insomnia, tendinitis, you name it. I went from hero to zero in short order instead of the other way round.

I have managed to claw myself back to some semblance of health and would now like to start getting some goals achieved and maybe help other people too. I think I can help a lot of people on here because I have a degree in Nutrition and years experience working in Nutrition and fitness. On top of that my poor health has really taught me a lot of things about myself and offered a new perspective on recovery that I might share. Both mental and physical.

This website combines 2 of my favourite things. Hormesis and Role playing games. joining was a no brainer!"

I haven't picked a class yet so maybe someone can suggest one.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Most people start out in the Rebels while they get a feel for the community, then may or may not move to different guilds depending on their interests. Some folks are serial joiners, hanging out with the Monks for awhile, then maybe the Warriors, then maybe the Druids...you get the idea. There really isn't any right or wrong choice and the choice isn't binding anyway. :) Mainly, the guilds give you a place to post your challenges with like-minded people who can support you and who you can cheer on in turn.

C'mon over to the Rebels and start a mini-challenge. There are a couple of weeks left to the current one, so it can be like a short practice run.

Good luck on your journey!

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin