Forums are back in action! ×

Bummed about wrist pain

Just so y'all know, losing 50 lbs over 3 months with a crash diet is a BAD IDEA. I did it in high school and got stuck with chronic tendonitis in my arms. And, of course, just as I'm getting into the swing of this whole lifting heavy thing, my right wrist craps out on me. I don't think it's because of the lifting, because it started on Tuesday when my last lifting day was Friday. I just somehow managed to tweak it. I'm hoping it will feel better by Monday, but until it does, no lifting for me. Or yoga. :dispirited:

Selkie Warrior
Level 2, STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | STA: 2.8 | CON: 4 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 2.5

Shoshie's "Getting Awesome" Challenge 
Shoshie's "Just Hanging Around" Challenge

Roll a tennis ball over your writst and forearm. Also place the ball on a flat surface, then place your hand on top of it and roll it all around, kind of stretching and moving your hand, finger, wrist. That's what I found helped my this week. Feel better!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

When I was diagnosed 8 years ago, it was stage I in my wrists, stage III in my elbows, and stage II in my rotater cuff. This week it's been between stage II and stage III. Certain positions are worse than others. A neutral wrist is painless, but a flexed one (palm up) hurts in seconds. My tendonitis sort of comes and goes. This week has been really rainy with weird weather, which hasn't been helping. My elbows have also been sore, though my back has been oddly happy. Yay for the PNW.

Elbow flexion and wrist circles with curled fingers have basically been my best friends this week.

Thanks for the support, all.

Selkie Warrior

Oh, and funny story, ever since being diagnosed, people always told me high reps + low weight was the way to go. I always had to stop because my elbows got unhappy. Turns out higher weight + low reps doesn't hurt a thing and staves off flare ups, though I have to be cautious on my overhead presses. But this is the first time in years that I could put arms over my head without pain. Hopefully this week is an anomaly and I can return to my beloved barbells.

Selkie Warrior