Forums are back in action! ×

Haloween Costumes

WOO, Halloween is approaching (sorta.. I'm a keener)! My absolutely favorite time of the year. What is everyone dressing up as?

I just spent the day hitting up consignment stores, and managed to put together a steam punk costume of awesomeness. Roommates are plotting to paint my foot cast copper and make it look like a robotic leg, so I decided to be a Sky Pirate, where having a robotic leg wont slow me down much. Look forward to posting pictures once I finish modding my cast, cuff and goggles. Total spent so far: $50.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I have a tee shirt that simply reads, "I Am A Zombie Survival Kit". Last year I wore that, had a roll of duct tape around my wrist, a shotgun in one hand, and a bottle of Jack in the other.

That one might make a return this year. :P

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

i was waluigi last year and it came out awesome.

havent even started to think about this year, but i guess it's time.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

NO idea what I'm going to do this year. I'll be trooping as Vader at the Smithsonian Air & Space Udvar-Hazy Center the weekend before Halloween, for their Air & Scare event - we'll have probably 40+ Star Wars costumers from the 501st and Rebel Legions, plus the R2 Builders Club with several full-size remote-control droids (come by and see us if you're in the NoVA/DC area - museum admission is free, though parking is $15/vehicle; event runs 2P-8P on Sat Oct 23rd, and it's a ton of fun, particularly for younglings). Working the day after Halloween, though I will be staying up late that night anyways in order to do stuff for the kids' party. We did a "haunted trail" in the backyard last year, which went over pretty well, so I think we'll be doing that again. Really, though, I'm too busy with stuff to plan out a new costume for this Halloween - I've got my Tusken Raider costume to put together which has been on the shelf waiting for me to get around to it for over a year now, a couple of lightsabers to convert or build, and I'm in the process of designing costumes for a family costume group we'd like to do for DragonCon next year - Iron Man stuff. My 13-year-old stepdaughter wants a Mk6 Iron Man suit, with the triangular arc reactor, my wife would like a movie-style version of the Rescue armor worn by Pepper Potts in the 'Invincible Iron Man' comics, and I'll be in a 75%-or-so-scaled Iron Monger suit from the first film, 7.5' tall and nearly 4' wide. Those last two will be involving a LOT of custom/handwork, as opposed to making armor to a preset pattern, which doesn't exist for Rescue or Iron Monger but does for most of the Iron Man suits. I don't know if I'll make it by next Labor Day, though if I miss next year I should be able to have them done by Labor Day 2012 for that year's DC. Still, LOTS to work on, and I don't even (STILL!) have my workshop set up yet.

Guess I'd better get busy.

I have been saying for years that I want to be a Yip Yip. This may be the year I finally put the costume together.

Posted Image

It can be done!

Posted Image

my costume, 2 years ago (i'm in the pink):

Posted Image

i made both costumes in about half an hour. super easy. and one of the most fun costumes ever, though it does get hot in there. :)

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I can't believe you two had the exact same idea. I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Loving it. So much. Of course, now I'm just imagining the yip yips in a gym. "yiiiiip yip yip yip yip yip....squaaaaats...squaaaaaats....yip yip yip yip yip yip." I'll let you know if I go for it--may need to ask for advice on putting it together!

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

Loving it. So much. Of course, now I'm just imagining the yip yips in a gym. "yiiiiip yip yip yip yip yip....squaaaaats...squaaaaaats....yip yip yip yip yip yip." I'll let you know if I go for it--may need to ask for advice on putting it together!

hahahaha you reailze now the next time i go to do squats i'm most likely going to fall over because i'm going to be laughing too hard thinking of this! :)

So did anybody dress up? Hahaha I came as a *surprise* Panda. All my life, people keep alluding to the fact that I look like a Panda and I decided to prove them either right/wrong this Halloween.

Posted Image

Hahaha here with my friend who came as Pebbles, don't stone my angry face! Post your Halloween pictures! HOLLAAAAAAA.