Forums are back in action! ×

Pull ups

I FINALLY compleated a 4sets of 4 pull ups. Being as I have always sucked at pull ups....even when at Police Academy and anyother time, I just sucked at them.

Of course maybe I should start off w/ them instead of putting them at the end of my workout might help too.

But anyway...that's my Woot!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

KAllen, that's fantastic! Pull ups are one if my goals for this challenge too. So far I'm getting better at chin ups, can do sets of five now, w00t!

Tigger, I came across a good video on pull ups recently, will find the link and post back, but basically it was along the lines of the following steps, do each one for as many days as you need before moving on, also remember to warm up first!

- Stand on a chair, hold the bar at the top of a chin up (hands closer together, palms facing you - it's easier than pull ups - hands wider, palms facing away), step off the chair and lower yourself as slowly as possible, say 2 seconds. Repeat as many times until you're comfortable.

- do the same with a pull up grip.

- try and do a chin up, get as far up as you possibly can, then do the stepping off the chair part. Repeat until you can so a chin up.

- do the same with pull up grip until you can do a pull up, then slowly work on two, then three etc.

I'm personally finding now that practicing chin ups is helping and I'll get back to pull ups when I'm a bit more confident with it.

Regards

Quentin

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I FINALLY compleated a 4sets of 4 pull ups. Being as I have always sucked at pull ups....even when at Police Academy and anyother time, I just sucked at them.

Of course maybe I should start off w/ them instead of putting them at the end of my workout might help too.

But anyway...that's my Woot!!!

Woot woot woot

Oh that I could do one...

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Good luck, everyone, it's a great exercise and a great achievement to do your first pull up!

I believe rows are also a good preparatory exercise too, if you have access to some free weights, with the advantage that you can start as light as you need and work your way up (see Steve's beginner bodyweight tutorial for an explanation and video, with options for if you don't have dumbbells too).

Do let us know how you progress!

Regards

Quentin

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk