Forums are back in action! ×

Finally walked away from the dark side of the moon

As introductions go, mine is fairly simple, I always been in fairly decent shape, was athletic enough to play a college sport albeit it was NAIA. But I digress, as my story continues along, I graduated college, got into teaching which lead to coaching and now I have wrecked my diet to where I am now unrecognizible. I have gained weight (over 30 pounds since 2012), lost some energy, but mainly I know that my body can be a lot more efficient.  Now I am 28 spend all day in a gym either tecahing or coaching, and I play 40 minutes and all my joints start hurting and I am out of breath. So I have decided to make a drastic change, I am going to start the Paleo diet. I am kicking everything cold turkey. I have decided to cut out grains, go to fresh meat, and veggies, stop the cokes, eating fast food.  This is a bold move on my part one because one I have never felt this conviction before for my life. I also need so help on accountablity and I am hoping that this site will help. 

I would recommend joining in the next 4 Week Challenge which starts on the 8th. It will give you the structure and support that will keep you on the right path. If you want to know more about it then just ask.

As for going cold turkey on grains and sugar - that's a BIG step, and it's incredibly difficult to do so if you don't succeed then please don't feel like you've failed. It's such a tough thing to do because sugar is as addictive as cocaine. 

Read this article about the effects of carb withdrawal when you start a paleo or low-carb diet. They call it low-carb flu because it really can feel like having flu. 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

This surely is a bold move but it also worth it. I'm still struggling with cleaning my diet, but every improvement make me feel so much better. Stay strong and I'm sure you will make it.

when you come upon misdeeds
speak out about those misdeeds,
and give your enemies no peace. 

Havamal

Thrima, lvl 2 human monk

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenge #1

Challenge #2 

Respawn!

Challenge #3