Forums are back in action! ×

Hit goal weight!

After years of failed attempts, followed by a year of solid work and much inspiration from the Rebellion I have finally hit my goal weight.

I think the big difference this time, as opposed to all my other attempts, was the fact that I recognised that my core problem wasn't that I was fat, it was that I was unhappy with my life. Trying to lose weight without dealing with the other issues in my life was just trying to treat the symptom without dealing with the disease, so the weight always came back. 

This time, over the course of a year, I left a decently well paid job that had good career prospects that was making me miserable to fly across the world from Brisbane to London. I forced myself into situations outside my comfort zone and as a result have made more friends in the past 5 months than I have in the preceeding 10 years. I've even been lucky enough to meet one person who I feel very close to.

As a result I have gone from a little over 140kg at my heaviest, to my current weight of 95kg over the course of 12 months.

I am absolutely stoked with the progress, but now it's time to kick it up a notch and start properly working out. I'm going to stay with the beginners body weight workout this week and see how far I can take this journey. 

FB_IMG_1482542709895.jpg

• Like 6

Way to go, Red Five!! You are absolutely right that our weight (and our health in general) is intimately tied to our mental and emotional health and how we feel about our lives. Congratulations on meeting ALL of your goals and getting ready to set some new ones! May your awesome progress inspire you to new heights in 2017!!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Wow! That's fantastic. It's great that you were able to step outside of your own perspective to get to the route of the problem and do something about it, that's something that many of us lack the ability to do. Tha the results speak for themselves. :encouragement:

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously