Forums are back in action! ×

Free Weight Victory!

I'm not 100% sure I'm posting in the right place but I wanted to share my victory story. I've always been a skinny guy who struggled to put on any muscle. Lately I've been back to the gym more seriously and more committed than ever before. I was only running at first then I started using the weight machines. After a while, I started seeing some results but then I hit a plateau where I wasn't getting any stronger. 

I read the Rage Against the Machine article on  NF and decided that I needed to switch to free weights. I was pretty intimidated because I've never used them before so I procrastinated for weeks. Well, last night I bit the bullet and went for it. I found a great routine on JEFIT and LOVED it. Free weights are much more fun and definitely more challenging.

I looked around while I was in there and Steve is right. No one is watching you so don't feel shy or intimidated like I did. 

I'm pretty sore this morning but I'm so proud of myself for finally going for it, that I don't even really care. 

I hope my story will serve as a little inspiration for someone. Good luck, nerds! 

• Like 2

This is awesome! :) 

I totally agree with you, weight machines are boring. Free weights are so much fun! What kind of routine have you decided on? 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I hope you start seeing some results soon. Have you thought of doing some monthly progress pictures? It's a great feeling looking at the pics and seeing a visible difference, even if it's not much from month to month you will see big differences over time. It helps to keep you motivated. ;) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously