Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everybody, newbie checking in!

After years of having an unhealthy relationship with food, and doing endless cardio, I started lifting weights consistently in August 2015. I'm now training for my first powerlifting meet in May this year and I love the strength gains!

I'm currently bulking and sometimes it can mess with my head a bit, as inevitably you gain some fat whilst bulking, but I'm determined to keep going and get stronger. Lifting weights is the best thing I ever started to do and I'm looking forward to hearing more from others on these forums.

Bit of a short first post but I'm going to go off and look around the rest of the forums. Thanks for having me :)  

• Like 2

Hi! Good luck with the powerlifting comp, that's awesome! Squeeee!

Have you found your way around ok? I'm assuming you found the powerlifting section, lol! If I can help you with finding your way around or anything like that then please ask. :) 

I do not envy you doing a bulk. Of course I envy all the food you're allowed to eat (Om-nom-nom!) but it must be a total head wreck. I don't know if I'd cope with visibly putting on weight after spending so long trying to lose it. There's plenty of people who will sympathise with you over in the Warriors section.

Speaking of which... Do you think you'll join in the upcoming challenge? It's a great way of getting to know other members whilst working on building new habits or on keeping the momentum going with the changes you've already made. Your goals can be anything you like, it could be simple like drinking X glasses of water per day, or your goal could be a new PR with the 4 weeks being spent working towards it. It's up to you. 

Hope to see you around. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously