Forums are back in action! ×

Hey!

I've been lurking here for a while after using the app and decided to finally make an account! I had been slowly warming up to the idea of working out regularly and now that I've got into the habit I figured I'd make an account here to keep myself motivated :).

I work in psychology, I love music and art, retro video games (Sega all day!) and Indian food :). I've been vegan and gluten free for about 4-5 years now which has helped tremendously with some chronic illnesses I've had (mostly cutting the gluten and dairy, turns out I have very bad non-celiac gluten sensitivity).

My exercise routine is an extended version of Dan Millman's Peaceful Warrior Workout that I do every morning, along with sun salutations and push-ups. I've also started playing DDR regularly which I never thought I would be doing, but it's super fun and can definitely make you break a sweat! I've bought wrist weights to work my arms a bit while I'm playing.

fat-kid-ddr-o.gif

I also skateboard semiregularly but it's not great exercise to be honest. It would be if I cared about improving haha.

woowz8df3syafbotkrrd.gif

Happy to be here and looking forward to interacting more with all of you!

• Like 1

Hey welcome to the forums @BebopStampede, glad to have you here! You came in at a great time with the next challenges kicking off on Sunday. That's kinda the beating heart of the NF community and a great way to engage other nerds. If you're interested, I pasted the instructions below.

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/help.html/4-week-challenges/challenge-instructions-and-faq/

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

Hey! Welcome on board! 

I'm going to admit that I had to google DDR to find out what it was, then "aaaah... right." :D  I'm such a Luddite! 

It's great to hear that you've had such improvements in your health. I don't think people realise just how much they can heal themselves by eating better.  I suffered with horrendous stomach pains all my life. Then 5 years ago I tried going wheat free and the pains miraculously disappeared after a month or so. I think that I have an intolerance to either wheat or yeast, or quite possibly both. 

I watched a program last year that looked the benefits of different diets and there is a town somewhere in the US where almost everyone is vegan (it's part of their religious beliefs) and this town has the highest average life expectancy of any place in the USA (and possible the wider world, I can't remember now). They had the lowest rate of cancer, heart attacks and other serious illnesses.

There is a theory that although your body requires a lot of protein while you're growing and developing muscle, there becomes a point at which your body stops needing these building blocks and they (somehow) start to cause damage to your body. I can't remember the medical explanation for it now but it seemed to make sense to me at the time. 

Sorry, my mind rambles. You (briefly) mention being vegan and off I go on a little sojourn of my own, waffling away, lol!

Anyway, it's good to have you on board. Hope to see you about. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously