Forums are back in action! ×

Back in the game...

I am not a new member here. I became a member about two year ago (according to my profile). I liked the idea of questing to make my fitness goals but I never really got started. So in short I dropped out. I have a list of reasons, or excuses (including medical ones) depending on how you look at it, but they don't matter. I just wasn't in the game, period. So why did I come back? Well it is pretty simple. For a while I was big into MMO's. But as time went on, I found myself wanting more. I don't want play someone else's game, I want to be the hero in my own game, in my own world. You folks catch my drift? So it wasn't any surprise that I wanted to come back and really give this a try. To really put effort into this and create the best possible version of me ever. I became motivated after working on some distance learning courses that are beneficial to the work I do. These courses aren't paid-to-play diplomas, you have to work. No one forced me to take these courses. I could have withdrawn anytime. No one would have said anything negative, and I wouldn't have paid a dime in compensation. These courses were hard and I thought about dropping them several times. It would have been easy to use work as an excuse. But I didn't quit, I finished the courses with high marks! And that got me thinking, "why can't I apply this to my heath and fitness?" So that is why I am here. To plan the quests and take on the challenges. NF has made it easier to plan my quests and challenges. So I am all in this time, and I invite anyone to hold me accountable to my challenges if they want to.

So what are my goals? Mostly my focus is on longevity and be able to enjoy 110 years of life on this planet. So weight loss is big on my list of things to accomplish. So is reducing stress.I plan on doing more in Xingyi Quan (an internal martial art).  And I will sprinkle some strength training in there too, to keep the bones strong. I think all of this achievable by me. So am coming in to this challenge not with hot fiery passion that will blow out in a strong wind, but with a constant heat and motivation that comes with careful tending and direction.  

• Like 2

Take a deep breath, center, LEAP!