Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, 

I'm Debs, a nurse, mum to 2 cats and living with roommates (sadly). I'm trying to shed a few excess pounds. My goal is to be as fit as my fictional characters. Currently...I have a gym membership but I really don't know how to use most of the machines or the free weights. So I go and I sit on the exercise bike with my study book and get study time in while peddling my lungs out (speed is actually better than when watching tv). Usually I get 18-25km in an hour done. 

Nice to meet you all

Hey! Welcome on board!

Have you thought of asking your gym to give you a walk through of the machines? Most places in the U.K. have it as mandatory that you do one when you join, so that you can't do something stupid and then sue them for letting you use their equipment without proper instruction. ;) 

If you want to start using weights then have a read of this article as it explains a fair bit, or ask the question in the "Help me build a workout" section. :)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Welcome! What kind of cats do you have? I might have to try your trick of studying on the bike, maybe it will help me stay awake through the dry, dry text books!

Have you had a chance to ask your gym if they can explain the equipment or if they have a trainer that gives out a free session and have them teach you. Might even be worth paying for an hour of instruction time.