Forums are back in action! ×

Hello,

I'm so glad I found this community!  I have been lucky to have been pretty healthy all my life despite never thinking about nutrition and fitness. It seems my body has decided after 46 years enough is enough and it is time I start paying attention to the importance of nutrition and fitness.  This past year I just have not had the energy to do anything, I wake up in the morning stiff and just feeling blah, I was diagnosed with GERD but up to that point I had never had problems with heartburn or anything, there is obviously plenty more things I could list but the bottom line is I need to make some changes. I have a 22 month old grandson and I want to change my life to enjoy time with him. Everyone here seems so supportive and fun that I think it's just what I need to start making changes in my life!

• Like 1

Welcome fellow newbie!

I also have not paid adequate attention to my health and fitness. As we age things really slow down and we have to take control if we want to feel good every day. A little bit each day every day and you'll get there , where ever "there" is :)

My brother was diagnosed with GERD and type 2 diabetes last year and has really turned his life around with diet and exercise. He found that dairy and fast food ( mainly Coca Cola) contributed to his GERD. You can get rid of it with dedication and hard work. Good luck on your health journey !

Welcome on board! Have you found your way around the site ok? 

Have you given any thought as to how you're going to achieve those changes? There are many, many paths to fitness and what's right for one person might not be right for the next. Is there anything you used to do or play that you might want to get back into, or would you like to try something new?

This article might be helpful. It's aimed at people taking part in the 4 Week Challenges but you should read no.3 as it applies to deciding your big or long term goals and breaking them down into smaller bite-sized chunks. This is something everyone should do to achieve their long term goals, it helps to keep you on track. 

Good luck

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously