Forums are back in action! ×

Don't know how many people even read these, or if what I say will even be taken as a joke to some. But, hell, what have I got to lose anyway? 

My name is...For now let's just stick with Mister, shall we? 

I've always been the big guy, the one who shopped in the adult section at the age of twelve, the guy whom had trouble fitting in his school desk, made picnic benches and cafeteria tables lean to whichever side I sat, ruined bedframes by the dozens, and quite frankly the most recent horror I've experienced was going to the movie theatres with my family. Granted, those seats are narrow without my gigantic bloated form attempting to squeeze in. I got stuck, in that seat. I don't go to the movies often and it was a good three or four years since my last trip to the cinemas, but it was certainly troubling enough for me to start seeking out weight loss plans. I looked into surgical which comes highly recommended, but the more I look at it, the less I want to do it. I want to force myself and me alone to lose the burden I've placed upon myself. Not pay a surgeon to make me all pretty-pretty, where would the self-satisfaction be in that? I'm 19, I weigh the heaviest I have ever been in my life at 465 lbs, and I'm 5'11. Chances are, I would have been taller...Had I not constantly been bearing an extra 180-200 lbs on my skeleton since puberty. I'm going to the local college for a Business Administration Associates degree, and later Penn State for an Information Systems Bachelors. I play videogames, like any guy my age still would, mostly on my computer...Not that it would matter, since that still counts as me lounging around on my ass.

Phew, that was a bit more ranty and pathetic than I may have wanted it to sound. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to pick up on some things here. 

Sincerely yours, 

Mister_

Hi Mister,

It takes a great deal of courage to reach out to people you don't know for support / encouragement. I commend you :) 

This site has a fabulous section on " how not to suck at goal setting" . First step to any goal is desire to do something . Good luck on setting some reasonable goals to work towards. 

One more thing..... be kind to yourself 

16 hours ago, Mister_ said:

I got stuck, in that seat. I don't go to the movies often and it was a good three or four years since my last trip to the cinemas, but it was certainly troubling enough for me to start seeking out weight loss plans.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.  I also had a movie theater experience recently that contributed to me wanting to lose weight.  It was also the first time I'd been to the movies in years.  I didn't get stuck but I couldn't sit comfortably at all.  I've never been so aware of my belly, boobs and double chin in my life.  I felt like every part of me was being squeezed in and up.  

16 hours ago, Mister_ said:

I looked into surgical which comes highly recommended, but the more I look at it, the less I want to do it.

You made a great choice, surgical options come with life long health concerns.  I know two people who have had bariatric surgery and both have gained back significant weight.  Surgery doesn't fix anyone's issues with food. 

I'd also like to urge you to be kind to yourself.  It is very difficult to hate yourself healthy.