Forums are back in action! ×

Mollytigerc reporting for Awesomeness!

Hey All!

I've been on the Nerdfitness facebook group for some time, but I felt like it was time to try out the 4-week challenges to check in on myself and the goals I write down for myself.

I joined Nerd Fitness 2 years ago now, but 3 years ago I lost about 90 pounds in my quest to stay healthy.  A lot of my family members died of various health conditions that were preventable had they eaten healthier and I knew it was time for a change.  Additionally, I started to realize I had a super unhealthy relationship with food, and I needed to fix that.  I really love food, but it's hard to get people to understand how much you love food when you only eat mac and cheese.   When I first started my journey, I knew I mostly ate unhealthy foods with no fruit or veggies in my diet.  I went through the process to change that and it was an excellent transition.   Now that I've lost the weight, and I've maintained (with the occasional weight gain of <10 pounds).  I feel like a bad ass and I'm excited to keep going on my journey for self-improvement.

Sometime last year, I stumbled upon the Nerd Fitness facebook group, and boy did I love finding it!  I really enjoy reading everyone's struggles, new goals, and successes.  

My current goals are to just be a bad ass.   What that means to me is: to be able to do a handstand for a minute, more yoga, lift heavier, eat plenty of veggies while keeping a healthy relationship with food, continue swimming, and stay mentally healthy!