Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone, Rosel here. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances. When I say young, I mean almost 18. Yeah, baby (compared to many of the users haha). I've pretty much finished my growing, ending up at a slightly above average 5'9". I discovered Nerd Fitness a few months ago but didn't really get involved into recently. I have learned to love the site and all its helpful articles. I suppose I should tell you a bit about myself!

• I am 5'9, around 200lbs
  • Canadian for the win!
  • I'm not really a 'stereotypical nerd', but I adore reading, writing, roleplaying (not sexually shush), and MMORPGS. 
  • I am fairly active, I have played volleyball for 7 years, figure skated for about 8 (not at the same time haha), and track and field. I'm a thrower, my shot and disc buddies rejoice!
  • My first video game ever was Fallout: New Vegas. To this day it's still my favorite serious.
  • Harry Potter, and the long forgotten Percy Jackson are the best

I have a few health related goals to hopefully achieve before my graduation (end of June 2017)

• Lose 25lbs
  • Squat 250lbs
  • Tone my shoulders to the point my back fat isn't pushing out of my grad dress lol
  • Transition my 'diet' to a paleo-ish, thing.

I LOVE meeting and talking to new people! If you'd like to talk and whatnot, message me for snapchat! 100% my favorite platform ;) I can't wait to get to know you all! <3

New sports are always a good time! Most arena's offer a free-skate time on a certain day, I highly recommend you check it out. :D

Right now, to be totally honest, I'm just kind of going with it haha. I'm trying to cut out any unneeded sugars, such as pops, baked goods, the works. Not cold turkey, obviously, I do not have the will power for that haha. I never really had the motivation to make myself food for the day, but now that I'm trying to save money it really hit me on how much I spend on fast food. Since I do still live with my parents, I do rely on them a fair bit, so I'm glad they support my decision to do this. In my history, breakfast has always made me ill, so that's one of my biggest obstacles to over come.

As far as exercise, I am truly blessed with a wonderful coach. I had no idea what to do in a gym before I switched to this school. He taught me proper gym etiquette, form, exercises, determination, and how to ask for help. I do have anxiety, but now it seems so much easier to just, go. Not to mention the free weights are kind of intimidating, but Steve has certainly helped! Back on topic, I've been doing a lot of cardio as warm-up. I think I want to start doing full cardio 2 or 3 days of the week, and heavy lifting another 2. 

Wow, I'm sorry for the wall of text haha. No one's really asked HOW I'm going to do it, if felt good to get it out there haha. Thank you for your interest and welcome, I hope to see you around! :D

I should check out the free skate, I know there's one here and I do own some skates. Haven't worn them in years but I own skates. I'd have to remember how to use them before I attempted anything. More the stopping side of things, I can go forward but stopping. Yeah...

Fast food has a way of sucking the money away doesn't it.

As for the breakfast making you ill, is it all food in the morning? when can you get that won't make you feel ill?

Awesome on the Coach that properly invested time with you! And I think you've got a great plan going for how you intend to start working out.

And NEVER apologize for a wall of text. You're excited about it. That's Great!!! (So had Tony the Tiger in my head there) Now I want to ramble about how we need more people to be willing to share what they get excited about; there's not enough of it in the world.

Stopping is definitely difficult if you don't know how to do it haha. It's kind of like, you go forward, then you suddenly turn your foot 90 degrees so it pushes up snow, but also kind of lean the opposite way you're travelling so you don't fall? It's difficult to explain haha. Walls also help, just not quite as painlessly haha.

It truly does! I never really noticed until now, especially working at a fast food place.

I don't actually know if it is a specific food. I feel like it was tied to an incident I had when I was younger. I was biking on wet cement (a REALLY bad idea) and hit my head. Since then nothing's really agreed with me. I think around 10 o'clock am is enough time for my body to wake up and be okay with food! 

Thank you so much! I am so grateful for him.

I completely agree!! I feel like people consistently think that other people don't really care, so they don't want to be excited about anything in fear of being shut down. That's why I'm so glad I found Nerd Fitness, no one here is like that, everyone is so warm and welcoming.

The fancy one took such a long time for me to figure out too haha.

It's definitely been getting better! I get up at 6:30 most days, sometimes 5:30, and it's still usually ten, sometimes 9. It's not bad on a school day, my first-period teacher doesn't really let us eat in his class, which ends at 9:40! Although, I have been following Steve's guide to creating habits, and as far as eating goes it has been well!

What kind of sports do you do??