Forums are back in action! ×

43 years young, saying hello

Hi everyone!  

As the title says, I am 43 years young, and my fitness journey started in April or May of 2007.  Back then, I weighed 238 lbs.. I began walking a lot and eating healthy foods, and by September of that year, I had lost 60 lbs.. I've had ups and downs since then. I have never returned to 238 lbs, but I've been as high as 212, and right now I weigh 196.  On the good side, I have taken part in several 5Ks and completed two half marathons through a mix of running and walking.  My current PRs are 30:54.9 for the 5K and 2:43:48.7 for the half.  

For 2017 I have made a commitment to eating healthier than I have been lately. So, I've been eating salads and/or wraps with chicken or tuna or such. Like many people,one of my weaknesses is soda.  I think I've devised a plan to beat that as well.  I don't go to many movies, maybe 4 or 5 per year, and they are very sporadic in occurrence.  So, I have decided to only have a soda when I go to the movies.  That should help quite a lot.  

Fitness wise, since mid-December, I've been following the Stronglifts rep formula, but I can't say I've increased the weight every time because I want to listen to my body and progress safely.  My first goal is to gain strength and do it safely, and my second goal is to finish a 5K in under 30 minutes.  That will be a sweet victory whenever it happens.  Finally, I want to lose the 'dad bod' I've developed lately!  

• Like 1