Forums are back in action! ×

Back to the trails...

Hi! I'm a big fat newbie (heheh see what I did there) and I'm getting (back) into running. I'm hoping to run into (okay okay I'll stop now) some cool folks who are also runners, joggers, walkers, and perhaps are interested in sharing our journey or just encouraging each other. Before the new year I was getting into a nice cycle of run/walking 3 miles 3/week, but I've been seriously struggling to keep it up in January, likely in part because I'm not on vacation anymore. Argh. My current goal is to get in at least one jog this week, and then try and get back to the three a week next week. My main struggle is that I tend to get up late, but I prefer running earlier in the day, because as a fat runner, there are less peanut gallery comments the earlier I get up. I know I need to just ignore the idiots but sometimes, it's hard, and I let them into my head. 

Hopefully talking about this stuff in a friendly forum will help me banish the haters and keep on moving to my goal of running a 5k in March. Woohoo! 

Hi! I'm Brigitte and just like you I am a newbie. I really like running as well, but after going back to it at the end of November I pushed it too hard and I ended up injuring my knee on Christmas day,  which was the first time I ran 10k :( Anyway,  I would like to get up early in the morning and hitting the gym or going for a jog,  but... man it's so hard,  so I completely understand. If you need a buddy you can add me. See yaaa

Hey Brigitte, I'm sorry about your injury, I hope you're feeling better! And yeah I totally get how injuries can completely throw you off. You aren't the first person I've run into who's gotten an injury in their first long distance--I still remember running my first trail 10K with my brother (also his first trail 10K) and within the first couple miles, he injured his ankle. However! He is an ultrarunner now, so you are in very good company. ;)

Let's be buddies! I added you.