Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone! Like everyone else here I am looking to better myself not just for me but for all of those that know me.

In college I was very active, training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and dabbling in Muay Thai, 4 to 5 times a week. I loved it and still do, but injuries and starting a family will change things. I separated both shoulders and dislocated my left thumb in my 3 years training. It's been 4 years since I stopped doing BJJ, and I've bounced around to different ways of keeping active. I joined a gym, got up at 5 and would lift, but soon my willpower was worn down. I stopped going and took a "break" from being active for a while. Then my brother started doing CrossFit, so I decided that I would try it as well. I went my 3 times a week for a few months and once again my willpower wore out.

Now it's been about a year since I've done any official workouts, but in that time my life has changed a bunch. The main thing that has spurred me on to start making changes was the birth of my daughter. With her and my wife counting on me the decision was pretty easy, but actually figuring out how to do it was the big issue. Which brings me to NerdFitness. I've been making small changes in my life to help me build healthier habits. I feel that now it's the time for me to make a new change: getting back in shape.

As I don't have access to a gym and limited kettle bells, a pull up bar, and TRX system, I am going to be focusing primarily on body weight exercises. I'm looking to do a full body workout 3 time a week.

I am also looking to monitor what I eat more as I tend to eat everything in sight.

Those are my two main goals for the moment and will be looking to add more as I get my life a little more under my control again.

I'm looking forward to meeting a lot more like minded people to keep me motivated!

Mojo

• Like 2

Welcome Mojo_The_Magnificent!

That's super cool that you know Brizilian Jiu-Jitsu and that's amazing that you could get out of bed at 5am and go to the gym. That sort of shenanigans would drain anyone's will power. Out of all the stats I think that willpower is by far one of the hardest to grind. There have been a few times since joining NF that I've thought to myself "man, I would really like to just go get a drink after class, but if I go workout instead it would totally give me Xp in willpower," I don't know it helped me. 
It's great to have you on board though and welcome!

lvl 5 Human-Ranger

Male, Age 24

STR - 5, DEX - 4, STA - 3, CON - 3, WIS - 2, WIS - 2, CHA - 3

Current Challenge