Forums are back in action! ×

Hey mers...

I don't know what I'm doing because I've never been on a forum before (do I lose nerd points for that?)...but here I am!!

I've been mostly consistent in exercising for the last maybe 5-6 months and not much has happened weight-wise. I randomly stumbled upon Nerd Fitness and thought, why not? In part because of what I've been reading on here, my husband and I are going to be attempting to do a Paleo/Whole 30 starting tomorrow.

I love dairy and I love sugar....so we'll see how this goes.

• Like 2

If you need a little extra motivation for breaking up with sugar, there's a pretty entertaining documentary called "That Sugar Film" which might be helpful or inspiring or whatever. I found it on Amazon Prime, but I'd think it shouldn't be too difficult to track down elsewhere.

Good luck with the conversion (working to get my wife sold on the idea, but radical changes are not on her list of things she enjoys) <_<

• Like 1

Hi Bea_minor3rd!

Here's some motivation: When I went full Paleo I felt AMAZING.  I had loads of energy every day and was happy all the time.

A little background on me: My favorite thing ever is cake.  I mean, offer me just about anything and I'll choose cake instead.  I don't eat cake much anymore, but darn do I love it.

But.  I love the idea of being fit and loving how I feel and look even more than cake.  And Paleo makes me feel good in a way that eating gluten, cheese, and sugar doesn't.

The forum works like this: if you have a question or just need a cheerleader, post something.  Anyone that can help you will, and you'll get encouragement from people who have been through or who are going through the same thing.

I'm so excited for you that you and your husband are both doing Paleo/Whole 30.  I wish I could get my husband to, but I don't think he will change until he sees me succeed.  Yet another reason to win!

Good luck!

• Like 1

(Already!?) Level 3 Ranger / Epic Declutterer / Prolific Writer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/163280

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."  - Jim Rohn

Good luck with trying paleo, there a a lot of people on here who advocate for it but remember that it's not the one and only diet/lifestyle.

Also, it's a radical change (for most of us) so if you find you can't manage it cold turkey (you might well be one of those people who handle the Chang no problem at all) then don't feel bad about changing your diet slowly towards paleo.  There's no shame in cutting things out little by little, or even just cutting down to begin with. 

This NF post anout building good habits I s a good one to read if you're trying to make a lifelong change.  I hope you stick around. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously