Forums are back in action! ×

Food wins

You know sometimes you just wake up and go, "I'm gonna finally do that thing."? For me, "that thing" was eating better. And about a week ago, I started. Main steps have been:

-Dramatically reduced snacking

-Watch carbs

-REALLY watch sugar

No calorie counting because I don't like it, but I've tracked calories before so I have an order-of-magnitude idea of what I'm eating. So far, my skin has been better and I'm feeling more energetic and alert. WOOT! We'll keep checking the scale. :)

Happy,

GoldLynx

• Like 1

We do not show off, for we are the unseen. We are not motivated by aesthetics, but effectiveness. Our bodies are our weapons, not our trophies.

They are the civilians.

We are the warriors.

Haha, just realized the topic of this could be read wrong! No, food didn't "win." Food is the adjective and wins is the noun. Just clarifying.

We do not show off, for we are the unseen. We are not motivated by aesthetics, but effectiveness. Our bodies are our weapons, not our trophies.

They are the civilians.

We are the warriors.

That's awesome!  I hate counting calories too, so I love Paleo because all I have to do is make a 'yes' and 'no' category.

Wait until you've been at it a while and you don't even crave food that doesn't make you feel good - it's such an awesome feeling!

(Already!?) Level 3 Ranger / Epic Declutterer / Prolific Writer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/163280

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."  - Jim Rohn

10 hours ago, Lydiechan said:

Wait until you've been at it a while and you don't even crave food that doesn't make you feel good - it's such an awesome feeling!

That's really good to hear, thank you! I can't wait! :)

Still going strong, and a couple pounds gone. Slow and steady. 

They are the civilians.

We are the warriors.

I'm really proud of myself. :3

1. My body has started feeling thirsty instead of hungry. I've gotten into the habit of drinking lots of water so I don't feel hungry due to the minor calorie deficit. Now, when my body tells me to eat, and I tell it no since I just ate, the next thing it says is "I NEED A GLASS OF WATER." And happily do I oblige. :)

2. I'm finally learning to balance self-control with occasional treats. Sugar and carb consumption are really staying under control, but when my family ordered pizza last week (which we almost never do), I had three slices, and tomorrow when my mom and I go out to breakfast I'm gonna get the waffles I've been craving for weeks. In other words: maintaining daily habits while learning to "never say never."

Hooray for things!

They are the civilians.

We are the warriors.