Forums are back in action! ×

Protein Powder

So I know there are lots of threads and posts by Steve on this. I think I've read all of them. However, I haven't found one that addresses the issue of heavy metals in certain types of powders. I found info on the Gold Standard Whey Protein that Steve uses and it seems to check out alright. But I was just wondering if anyone had more information about this or knew of any powders that don't have any arsenic/ cadmium/ lead/ mercury in them?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked."

[>.<]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked."

[>.<]

EAS arsenic levels are suprising. The rest of them, the only ones that go above recommended daily levels are the ones I wouldn't touch in the first place...

$&*% muscle milk...

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Heavy metals in mass produced, widely used, fda approved foods? I seriously doubt it. Got any sources you'd like to share?

McDonald's (and I'm assuming other fast food restaurants) can't use iodized salt because the workers who eat there twice a day would get iodine poisoning. The FDA approves things for moderate proportions, so if there are heavy metals in whey, then it's because the FDA is working under the assumption that most people would have at most a scoop a day and probably not every day.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

McDonald's (and I'm assuming other fast food restaurants) can't use iodized salt because the workers who eat there twice a day would get iodine poisoning. The FDA approves things for moderate proportions, so if there are heavy metals in whey, then it's because the FDA is working under the assumption that most people would have at most a scoop a day and probably not every day.

I would agree with this. Besides, if you think you're going to get 100% of your daily protein intake from powders, you must be misinformed.

Just gonna take this in stride with the saying "Everything in moderation."

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown