Forums are back in action! ×

Update on my progress. Starting to work out again. That and my diet.

Well this week I worked out twice. I am kind of easing back into it after taking it easy for a few weeks due to my heels and knees hurting/weakness. I swam laps in the pool at the Y one evening and used the elliptical on another. I will be trying the Angry Birds workout instead of the beginner bodyweight routine this coming week.Next weekend I intend to buy a pull up bar for my doorway.

At this point my goal is to simply be able to maintain muscle mass while I continue working on losing nother fifty pounds. I am not by any means eliminating the possibility of my learning to do deadlifts in the future (you know "lifting heavy"). Since my workouts are all in the evenings I really do not have the time for it at the Y (they close at nine and we usually get there about 7:45 pm).I have cut back my chronic cardio at the Y down to three times a week and was doing bodyweight at home 2-3 times a week. Hey if you do it fast enough the Angry Birds workout can be great cardio. At some point in the next six months or so I will get a bench and some equipment to lift at home in my garage.

I am not really doing the Paleo diet at this time although I would love to. This is because of my income being what it is and with a rather large household. I am simply trying to eliminate as much refined sugar as possible and as many processed foods as I can. I am learning to make more foods from scratch so that I can eliminate as much sugar and high fructose corn syrup form my diet as possible. I never realized just how much of that stuff was in the foods we buy at the store until I really started reading the labels.

Sounds like you are doing an awesome job. The nice thing about the Angry Birds Workout is you can do it slower and really concentrate on good form. I like how you are finding the right eating plan that works for you.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27