Forums are back in action! ×

Allow me to reintroduce myself. .

My fellow NF Rebels,
I'm Kymberleigh, a Level 5 Rebel on her way to Level 50.  I'm an Academy member with a goal to join NF Yoga soon.  My Big Why is for health reasons.  I'm sick of being overweight and unhealthy.  I'm also battling a food addiction and Bi Polor Disorder.  I've tried many times and failed because I wanted to be superwoman and change everything at once.  I refuse to make the same mistake this time around.  My battle inventory consists of my Fitbit Flex, the book Level Up Your Life by Steve Kamb, and a small library of workout DVDs. 

My Level 50 (page 91-94 of Level Up Your Life) would show me at the best shape of my life.  I'm active, enjoying life, and organized.  I'm both physically and mentally at my best and I'm financially successful.  My anxiety is well managed and I can now travel to far away places.  I'm truly happy.
*sigh*  Someday. 
Thanks for reading. 

• Like 1

Hi Kymberleigh!  Have you tried the Whole30 program?  It's a 30 day way to eat clean, and the reason I ask is that a lot of people find that their body starts to balance out when they follow it.  I don't have any affiliation with it, but it's something that seems to show a lot of good results, like Paleo.

You mentioned financially successful.  I personally have had huge success with Dave Ramsey's plan.  If you haven't looked into him before, he has a radio program, a podcast, a website, and a slew of books that all talk about a super-effective way to get out of debt and build wealth, and I personally promise it's just good teaching, and no gimmicks.  Also no affiliation.

I know this is a "fitness site" but I love that you're talking about all your life goals in your Level 50.  Thanks for sharing!

(Already!?) Level 3 Ranger / Epic Declutterer / Prolific Writer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/163280

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."  - Jim Rohn

Hello, Lydiechan!

I am going to give the Whole 30 program a full try on February 1st.  There is a Nerd Fitness Whole 30 Facebook group that I am a part of and the support there is incredible.  Sugar is going to be my toughest battle but I have been taking steps to slowly eliminate it from my diet so I'm completely ready to go Feb 1st with less intense cravings. 

Financially, I am doing good.  My husband and I use our tax returns to pay our monthly bills for a year.  We get back a decent return and use that to pay the mortgage, electric/heat, insurance, water, and car renewals for a full year.  Then the only bills we have to worry about monthly is our phones, cable, groceries, and other misc stuff.  I don't have huge credit card debt so we are considering paying that off completely too if we have any money left over.  I should of clarified what I mean by financially successful at Level 50 would be having a six figure income.  I'll need it to purchase a summer home in Florida someday! :)