Forums are back in action! ×

What is Rising Heroes like? Is it right for me?

I sent this question to nerd fitness support, but I thought it would be worth asking for opinions on the forums as well:

Yesterday, my wife and I finished a 30 day diet challenge called Whole30 successfully.  Its very similar to Paleo which I was familiar with through nerd fitness.  She's been logging progress daily on facebook live and has many of our friends jumping on board as well. For the last week or so we have been looking for another program to follow after Whole30, something to add more fitness and fun into our lives.  Something that will get us out and active.  Rising Heroes sounds like it might be just the thing for us, but I have some questions:

- My wife and I work very well together.  With training, losing weight, completing diet plans, and other goals, we find all our successes together. She's my wingman!  With the factions and recruiting, I'm concerned about how much will we be able to work together on things like workouts, hikes, travel, and so forth if we end up in different groups?  Especially since we will be taking our children along, we will both be involved in whatever the other is doing.

- In the video Steve talks about his trips in Europe.  Are there missions to specific places involved, or are the missions tailored to whatever area you happen to be located in, or are the missions made ambiguously enough that a single mission would work for a variety of locations around the world?

We are very interested, especially seeing that the enrollment for February ends so soon.  Any help and opinions would be awesome!

Hi! I hope this will help - I did RH for about six weeks.

You can definitely work together. The missions are made so that everyone is working on the same set of missions but they're general enough that you can adapt them to your individual needs. The factions each rack up points based on how many missions their members complete.

A lot of people have friends or spouses as their wingfolks, and some people have multiple wingfolks, so you could have your wife and another person if you wanted additional accountability.

The missions will work for anyone in any place! The trips add to the worldbuilding aspect in that Steve is reporting back things he is investigating that fit into the game setting they've created.

It's really fun! There are a variety of missions, some food/exercise related and others related to other areas (finances, etc.). I hope this helps explain a little bit.

• Like 1

Hope | Level 0 [135xp] | Druidess

Epic Quest Log | Daily Battle Log

Current Challenge: Hope ventures inward

Goodreads | MFP | FitBit