Forums are back in action! ×

It's time to play the music...

It's time to light the lights. It's time to get things started...

So, let's start this intro! YAAAAAAAAAY!! *flares around for a bit*

I'm a state employee which means lots of emotionally taxing work at a computer, sitting on my butt for a large portion of the day. I'm a mom of a 2 year old male-child monster & 9 year old girl quickly approaching teen angst status. I'm a wife to a loving, gaming, enabling-bad-habits geek ^_^ (he'd do anything for me but that unfortunately means going out to get me pepper fries because we've been watching 'The Devil is a Part Timer' & I got a craving)! He's joined, too, so maybe he won't let me get away w/ as much ;) 

To be honest, I've tried something like this before. Beachbody was fun in many ways & I love my coach. But, I go to the website or the forums & don't see a lot of people like me. One of the things I loved about this website was the before & after pics; not perfect bodies against white backdrops, people who lost 30lbs with apparently no mark of it on their body left. I see sagging skin & stretch marks but those are the beautiful reality of getting healthy. I'm a sucker for scars, tattoos, stretchmarks, freckles, anything on the body that tells a story. I need to see that the program isn't promising me photoshop. It's promising me reasonable results w/ continuing hard work. These people look & feel wonderful. That's what I want to see. Also, people quoting Star Wars. Yeah, I need to see that, too!

My long term goals are to avoid my strong family history of diabetes (I don't like needles & watching my mother poke herself is unsettling) . My medium goal, & hopefully a lot more immediate goal, is to feel more comfortable in my body on a day to day basis. My short term goal is to be confident in a slightly smaller swimsuit than I was wearing last year. 

Lastly, say a prayer or light a candle or sacrifice a small goat or send good vibes or something...my daughter is selling Girl Scout cookies & my apartment is currently bursting w/ Samoas!! Give me strength!

15591491_1873839102903143_1323893070455252346_o.jpg

Welcome Bou! You are right, this place is full of great people. I think you'll like it here :)

You have some great goals! If you haven't been there yet, the 4-week-challenge planning documents are a great way to pick some things to work on that you can track. Being able to track progress seems to be a huge motivator in keeping going with your goal crushing. 

Good luck!

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit