Forums are back in action! ×

Which e-reader should I buy?

Love, love, love, love LOVE my kindle. Beyond all reason. I like that it's not an LCD screen -- the e-ink is a lot easier on the eyes, it doesn't heat up while I'm reading, etc. I can borrow and loan books, and it's so small and convenient. I never thought I'd be willing to walk away from paper books, but now I get offended if something isn't available in a Kindle version.

^^This

I was seriously opposed to e-readers, just because I like books so much. One of the reasons I ended up getting one is because I travel for work sometimes and if I was reading a hardback or a large book at the time, I'd have to leave it and start a new one, or lug it around in my already pushed-to-the-max carry on bag. I fell in love with it. I chose the Kindle because I can't read extensive info on an LCD without my eyes burning, and I haven't regretted it for a second. I have the one they are now calling the Kindle Keyboard. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]The Horror Geek Half Dwarf Adventurer!

My Challenge Thread is here.

I have zombies to outrun! Failure is not an option!

Just to chime in, we have a Kindle, a Color Nook and a Galaxy Tab (in that order). Once I got my wife the Galaxy, I don't think she's touched the Kindle again. I took the Nook, rooted it and now use it heavily with the Kindle app. I'm usually inside, so the lack of e-ink doesn't bother me. Also like the "email a pdf" to the device feature and the ability to sync across devices. Often in a single day I will read something on 2 or 3 different devices (the same book).

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Just to chime in, we have a Kindle, a Color Nook and a Galaxy Tab (in that order). Once I got my wife the Galaxy, I don't think she's touched the Kindle again. I took the Nook, rooted it and now use it heavily with the Kindle app. I'm usually inside, so the lack of e-ink doesn't bother me. Also like the "email a pdf" to the device feature and the ability to sync across devices. Often in a single day I will read something on 2 or 3 different devices (the same book).

I'm the same way. I have my Kindle on my nightstand, do a bunch of reading on my computer, and am usually on my phone or iPad when I'm not near either.

2/13/12

Starting Primal and free weights

10/02/12

Starting LeanGains. Still lifting all the things.

Fitocracy

I love my e-ink Kindle. I don't mind reading on my iPad or phone, but if it's a book I know I'll be spending the next few hours staring at, it's e-ink all the way. Way easier on the eyes, and the battery seems to last for weeks without needing a charge. Perfect for long trips and camping.