Forums are back in action! ×

So, I have been a member for ever. Okay, not really, but I have only started posting. So, I live in Japan, I am 43 years old, married with two kids and I lift weights, run(poorly) and do kettlebell stuff.

I have recently read, and finished, Level Up Your Life and I can honestly say it was the kick in the pants for me.  I want to do other things.  Getting stronger is important for me but obviously not the only thing. Living my life epically and showing my kids that they too can do all the things they want are probably the most important things in my life.

So a few things training wise, I use a variation of 5/3/1 with kettlebells and running on non-training days. I have recently started yoga and meditation because mobility and mindfulness are two things that I need.

I also enjoy reading, but have noticed that recently I have had trouble committing to and finishing a book, so I have around 5 books I am presently working on. 

Recently I have also begun learning Russian and German, along with Japanese(which I already speak, albeit not well).

And finally I have begun to practice doing a headstand, which is very, very slowly coming along.

I have no other ideas as to what to write but am open to most questions.  If you want to talk about training I can do that, ad nauseam, as for diets, well I don't.  I eat to fuel my training with an occasional cheat day to maintain sanity.

Finally, I am glad to be here among fellow nerds who want to be awesome.

• Like 1

Level 12 Warrior - not sure how that happened

Battlelog: Kanaman Lifts Things

Epic Quests: Kanaman's Epic Quest of Awesome Epicness

5/3/1 protocol AND running?! You must have a masochistic streak. :) I've always wanted to learn German and Japanese, so hit me up if you'd like an uber-newb practice buddy.

Tip to finish books: only read the good ones. ;) And I love your goal to be a great example for your kids.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards!

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Okay, when I said running I meant 1 mile, or 1610m.  That is it, I don't do "distance", I just hurt everywhere when I do.

22 hours ago, Defining said:

Tip to finish books: only read the good ones.

I know right, but it is even those I have trouble finishing. This is honestly not the first time it has happened.  So, I am reading LoTR for the 50th time or something.  That will get me back to finishing other things.

Well the German I am an uber-newb, the Japanese, well not so much after 13years here I am competant, but just not proficient enough to pass the test.  But I may take you up on your offer anyway. Thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Welcome!  Have you found your way around the forums ok?  We are just starting a new 4 Week Challenge if you want to join in...? 

Finding my way is no problem thanks, but I think I will pass on the 4 week Challenge until my lifts are no longer shit and approach something to be mentioned.

You don't have to wait, there's no pressure to be at any particular level, some people will be only just learning how to lift during their challenge.  There's no shame here, no matter what level you're at. :) 

Not trying to pressure you or anything, just to reassure you. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously