Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone!! I am not sure if anyone remembers me, but apparently I have been a member since 20-freaking-13!! I come back with great shame that I haven't done much in regards to myself and my health, but I am finally ready to change this! I just got back inside from a mile walk during which I thought how lonely I was and how I felt like I had no support. If only there was a place... THERE IS! So here I am again, reintroducing myself :)

My name is Paula, but in the online world I tend to go by Niwa (Niiwa if taken har har), I am currently 29 years old and I live in Scottsdale, Arizona. My ultimate goal is to just be healthy. I've always wanted to be that person that goes hiking one weekend, biking the next, maybe a long swim at the lake another, just an overall adventurer. I have always loved the outdoors (especially swimming, I grew up on a beach!) but I have never really gotten out there. I told my boss that once I get under 200lbs, I am going skydiving!!

I enjoy the typical "lazy" things such as knitting, playing video games (anyone here play LoL?) and watching shows and what not. I love to cook, but I hate doing it because I live alone and I don't like cooking just for myself. I have a real problem cooking too much and then hating leftovers, getting a bunch of dishes dirty just for me, and then having to clean. I really need to work on this!

Anyway, I don't want to bore ya'll with a book, but I'm really looking forward to being more active, here and in my life. Hope to find some people that I can relate to and get the motivation I need! Woo!

• Like 1

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

I wanted to go skydiving for my 18th birthday, but my brother bought me hang gliding lessons instead - in hindsight, that was WAY better than a one-off experience. :)

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards, I'm always happy to chat (DM or otherwise) about cooking for one, knitting, and becoming an adventurer. :eagerness:

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Hey @Niwa!  Welcome back!  

Are you joining in the latest challenge?  They changed the format so they only last 4 weeks now instead of 6, and they made a new guild called the Rebels and made the Adventurers more about walking, camping, adventuring :D 

Apart from that I think you'll find most things are the same as they were back in 2013. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously