Forums are back in action! ×

Fitbit?

So I lost my fitbit a few weeks ago and was not happy. I searched blocks and blocks downtown but nothing.

Felt really stupid too because a few days before I lost it, I had the idea to add my phone# instead of my name on it. So when it flashes those little messages it would display my phone# instead of my name. Handy in case somebody finds it... Well, I never got around to do that.

Anyways, I figured I send fitbit a message that they can delete my fitbit account since I lost my tracker. 10 minutes later I got a reply stating that they want to send me a complimentary replacement! WOW! I just had to answer some questions regarding purchase date, prefered colour, shipping address. I am stunned. Amazing customer service. I never ever would have expected a free tracker since I lost it. My fault right?

That definitely made my day! Woot!

That's pretty damn awesome! Definite w00t.

Spooky_Rach, level 3 dwarf ranger
STR 5|DEX 3|STA 6|CON 6|WIS 5|CHA 4

I keep thinking about getting on of these, but I'm still debating about whether I should get one or get a HRM instead. But I like having goals and graphs and synching, so I think I'm gonna go with one of these since I think I would remember it more often and it's not bulky. Maybe I'll get one sometime this week.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2qmfbys.jpg[/sIGPIC]

SpazzyMal, level 1 Faun Druid

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

CURRENT CHALLENGE

[/TABLE]

I'm thinking about getting one, but am swayed by the Nike fuel band. Has anyone tried both? Which old you say is better?

Thanks!

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TD=align: center][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC][/TD]

Gargoyle Adventurer - Level 1

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 1

[/TABLE]

I love my Fitbit. I MISS my Fitbit. The Fitbit itself works but apparently some Mac users are having issues where they can't sync with the computer. Well, it's pretty much useless without it syncing. Really devastated and kind of annoyed by customer service. I keep getting, "we're working on this issue. We're working on this issue." So I have a $99 piece of plastic sitting at home. Grrrrr.

Amazon Warrior

Stronglifts 5x5 Progress:

Started 7/29/13

Starting Squat Weight: 45         Current Squat Weight: 75 (staying here while working on form)

Starting Bench Weight: 45        Current Bench Weight: 65

Starting Row Weight: 65           Current Row Weight: 85

Starting OHP Weight: 45           Current OHP Weight: 55

Starting DL Weight: 65              Current DL Weight: 105

I love my Fitbit. I MISS my Fitbit. The Fitbit itself works but apparently some Mac users are having issues where they can't sync with the computer. Well, it's pretty much useless without it syncing. Really devastated and kind of annoyed by customer service. I keep getting, "we're working on this issue. We're working on this issue." So I have a $99 piece of plastic sitting at home. Grrrrr.

How about the new one? One. It syncs directly with iphone/ipad etc.

I have a Mac and I had problems too. As far as I know it doesn't come up when the Mac goes to sleep. Is that what's happening to you?

Lots of people reported problems with the Garmin Ant+ driver (either or works) but I didn't have problems with that.

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

They said it's something that happens because we don't restart our computers as often as non-Mac people do. Mine will charge but just not sync. However, constant restarting (which I hate doing) didn't help either. I don't want to buy another thing as I already have a perfectly good Fitbit. They just need to figure out how to fix this glitch. I've been using a Mac for over a year and half and just now started having this issue.

Amazon Warrior

Started 7/29/13

Starting Squat Weight: 45         Current Squat Weight: 75 (staying here while working on form)

They said it's something that happens because we don't restart our computers as often as non-Mac people do. Mine will charge but just not sync. However, constant restarting (which I hate doing) didn't help either. I don't want to buy another thing as I already have a perfectly good Fitbit. They just need to figure out how to fix this glitch. I've been using a Mac for over a year and half and just now started having this issue.

Interesting. I never boot my Mac either. I thought it is because it goes to sleep. Well, I didn't plan on buying a new one but since I get a free replacement I will use it. I am really hoping for a new Jawbone Up (fantastic as long as it worked!) or maybe that amiigo (amiigo.co) if it gets release soon and if it works as they say.

pre-Assassin

Twitter

I'd love a free replacement, even if it's just a new base station! LOL I just sent them another email asking if they've fixed the glitch. Maybe the squeaky wheel will get the grease. ;-)

Amazon Warrior

Started 7/29/13

I've had my fitbit for a few months and use it every single day - it's tracking my progress to Mordor! I'd seen something similar that's like a bracelet that you can wear, but I didn't want to wait.

Although it was more that I'd have liked to pay, it's been a great gadget. It clips on to my bra so I don't even notice I'm wearing it. Really accurate too - I haven't had any problems. The sleep recorder too was surprisingly accurate. I'd really recommend one.

Interesting/frustrating. Never had any issues syncing on my mac.

Has anyone tried the new Bluetooth one?

The squeaky wheel did indeed get the grease! I sent a very friendly email to the customer service asking if they'd fixed the Mac glitch as I miss being able to use my Fitbit, and they're sending me a new one. They truly have outstanding customer service.

Amazon Warrior

Started 7/29/13

The squeaky wheel did indeed get the grease! I sent a very friendly email to the customer service asking if they'd fixed the Mac glitch as I miss being able to use my Fitbit, and they're sending me a new one. They truly have outstanding customer service.

Very cool! They have outstanding customer service for sure!

Does anyone have the One? I'm debating getting it, but the "alarm" is a big reason and I want to know how well people have found that it works.

Although all this amazing talk of their customer service is making me consider just buying it and hoping that it works well.

Why would the alarm not work?

I don't have a One but I had a Jawbone Up with vibration alarm which was great. The alarm makes for a very gentle wake up and as a bonus didn't wake my boyfriend. However the Fitbit One has no smart alarm as the Jawbone. The smart alarm was definitely the killer feature. It looks at your sleep cycle and picks a time where you are in light sleep. Amazing what difference that makes!! Too bad Fitbit didn't add that.

pre-Assassin

Twitter

Anybody heard about neufit.com yet? An online game (?) that taps into the fitbit and other apps/gadgets? It's still beta but I got an account .I now just need my new fitbit tracker to try it out. Let me know if you want an invite, I think I can invite as many as I want.

Hi there! Could I request an invite for neufit?

I've been really interested in getting the fitbit after reading through this topic discussion! Does anyone have experience in general regarding the Fitbit One?

eroe, level 1 Wood Elf adventurer

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 4|WIS 3|CHA 2

I'd also like an invite to the neufit please! I'd not heard of it but it looks interesting!

Amazon Warrior

Started 7/29/13

I got the Fitbit One a couple of weeks ago and I love it! I'm pretty active already, but it definitely adds to my motivation. Yesterday I decided to walk to Mordor (still figuring out what exactly I need to do here on NF for that), and the Fitbit will be perfect for keeping track of that. If anyone wants to friend be over at Fitbit, I'm at http://www.fitbit.com/user/23LPPT

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

My Zeo has a smart alarm but man, I'd love if it had a vibration smart alarm. No more waking up the wife with my alarm? Sign me up for that one.

Since this is a fitbit thread though I'll just say that I love mine. Have occasionally had the syncing issue on my mac but force quitting the process in activity monitor seems to resolve it most of the time.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

My Zeo has a smart alarm but man, I'd love if it had a vibration smart alarm. No more waking up the wife with my alarm? Sign me up for that one.

Since this is a fitbit thread though I'll just say that I love mine. Have occasionally had the syncing issue on my mac but force quitting the process in activity monitor seems to resolve it most of the time.

Check out the Jawbone UP. It has the smart alarm and I actually prefer it to the fitbit (I wear both right now).

Edit: While the fitbit has a vibration alarm, it is NOT smart! i.e. it doesn't look for your light sleep (vs deep sleep) and ideal time to wake up. The Jawbone does.

pre-Assassin

Twitter

Check out the Jawbone UP. It has the smart alarm and I actually prefer it to the fitbit (I wear both right now).

Edit: While the fitbit has a vibration alarm, it is NOT smart! i.e. it doesn't look for your light sleep (vs deep sleep) and ideal time to wake up. The Jawbone does.

I would caution against it. The Up has had many, many problems from the get-go. The first release was recalled.