Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

Where to start... 

First of all, sorry if my English makes your eyes bleed, it's not my first language (French is). 

I'm 29yo male from Quebec (Canada). I found NerdFitness when googling "fitness blog" and I'm glad I did. I really enjoy the concept as I did play video game for a long time in my teenage. My main goal by joining the nerdfitness community is to get in shape (yeah... not get back in shape... just get in shape for the first time). I always hated the way my body look and honestly never really did anything to change it. I got worse and worse as I was aging.

From video game addiction to drugs addiction, my health only got from bad to worse. I tried several times to get in shape but I had to quit addictions first. I did quit drugs 3 years ago and it's something I am very proud of. Then I started training (several times) but it didn't really last long. 

Beginning of January, I took back my life in hands. I finally got rid of my last addiction... I did quit smoking on January 14th and I think this time is the good one! I also changed my nutrition (no more fastfood and way less business diners) and started minor changed in my life (such as walk to go work). Believe it or not, since January 14th, I lost about 11 pounds (from 240 to 229)! 

My main goal  is not really the number on the scale, as in the past I met nutritionist and kinesiologist and they all told me that with my height my healthy weight is about 215 pounds. All I need is to change fat weight to muscles. My main goal is to be healthier and happier... and I truly believe that I can achieve it this time!

Of course, any help is welcome!