Forums are back in action! ×

Ripping off the bandage

The first post is always the hardest for some reason. I even made it a small quest to post here on my character's epic quest to give me more motivation to do it. It has still taken a week to work up the gumption for whatever reason haha.

Been lurking a long time here. I had a different account but no longer have the email associated with it and don't remember my details anyway. Besides I needed a fresh start. 

So I am here. 

I love the motivation here and I always love reading about everyone's quests in the 4 week challenges. I have a hard time keeping myself on track doing small things because I get too hung up on the end result-- the big things-- and I always lose motivation. If I just stuck with the small little habits so much more would get done. So that's what I am going to work on. 

See you folks around.

--CFD

• Like 1

Glad to meet you, i'm new here so i still don't know how the 4 week challenges works but i learned one thing in the last month, motivation is a finite resource that wont last long. Habits are way more powerfull. In two months i was able to increase my running time from 15m to 28m, just adding 1m a week to the routine. I can say without a shadow of doubt that running straight for 28m seemed almost impossible for me two month ago.

So, i wish you good luck with your goals 

• Like 2

"A single spark of passion can change a man forever
A moment in a lifetime is all it takes to break it"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D

29 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Hope you get stuck in and have a lot of fun!

Sundae

Thanks! I have a lot of support around me that I didn't have before so I feel so much more able to stick with anything now.

18 minutes ago, Skomenk said:

Glad to meet you, i'm new here so i still don't know how the 4 week challenges works but i learned one thing in the last month, motivation is a finite resource that wont last long. Habits are way more powerfull. In two months i was able to increase my running time from 15m to 28m, just adding 1m a week to the routine. I can say without a shadow of doubt that running straight for 28m seemed almost impossible for me two month ago.

So, i wish you good luck with your goals 

Good to meet you too! It's amazing how something so small makes such a difference. And I can't believe I know this and fail to implement it haha. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, CuirineDubh said:

Thanks! I have a lot of support around me that I didn't have before so I feel so much more able to stick with anything now.

Good to meet you too! It's amazing how something so small makes such a difference. And I can't believe I know this and fail to implement it haha. 

you can partecipate to the current 4 week challenge. Personally i love running, is a simple activity that will make you fell better and also prevent depression. You can just start running, setting a building, mailbox, a bench, as your finishing line. Something that makes you sweat without exausting you to the extreeme. The next week you can set another finishing line etc. You can see actual progress in this way, not the 0.3lbs on the scale. Just do it, without thinking. 

Let me know how you are doing .P

"A single spark of passion can change a man forever
A moment in a lifetime is all it takes to break it"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D