Forums are back in action! ×

I've been a lurker for a while on this site and I figured it was time to get out of my shell and start getting involved.

To introduce myself i will start with the basics. I am a tall guy who has had troubles putting weight on for a long time until just recently. I am 25, Male, 6'6" and around 220lbs at around 16%bf. One of my goals is to get my weight up to 230lbs with a similar or lower bf%.

My diet could use a little adjusting. Right now I would consider myself in the category of "I am doing ok but there is lots of room for improvement." I eat fairly good during the week for the most part with most of my meals consisting of home cooked meals from mostly whole food sources. My weekends tend to turn upside down where my eating schedule is less than ideal and the food that is being consumed is questionable at best.

I have recently really gotten into powerlifting. I am using it more as a tool to build size and strength for other sports at the moment but i could definitely see myself getting into powerlifting as more of a serious thing. I am using olympic lifts and kettlebells to help translate the strength gains from powerlifting into power and explosiveness for my weekend warrior sports.

I used to play basketball (big surprise, i know) and would really like to get back into it. I am currently playing rec volleyball with my high school sports peeps. I have been reasonably athletic for most of my life but can't help but feel that there is so much more that my body can do for me. Which leads me to why I am here. 

I am here to find out what all my body is capable of. One of the biggest regrets for me would be to leave life on the table without ever finding out my potential.

Now for some of the nerdy stuff. I have been a dragon ball Z fan for as long as i can remember. I have seen all the movies and watched the main series multiple times, my favorite part in the whole series is when Gohan overcomes his barriers and fear to become the savior of the earth in the face of insurmountable odds in the fight with cell; it took every last ounce of his heart and soul to come out victorious. He made some grave mistakes which he had to come to terms with and i feel like that is the same for a lot of us. To find out what we are capable of we must come to terms with the mistakes that burden our past and forge forward with maximum effort, enthusiasm, and direction.

I have been a casual gamer for most of my life. I am not the type of person to 100% a game but i will sure play it till the end to experience the story and watch the characters develop. My proudest gaming moment was beating Super Mario 3 on the NES legit (no flutes) in one sitting w/o using any continues.

A big greetings to all and best of luck to all my fellow rebels.