Forums are back in action! ×

Artorias's Intro

Hi.gif.104d7203bf5b79fe86c09bebb566e2b3.gif

I'm lookin to level.

I've just found NerdFitness a week ago and I love that there is a community that thinks of exercise as leveling for real life. I'm a 24 year old dork in Texas, about 5'9", weighting around 195lbs (88.5kg). I can do a pull up, do a push up or two, and I can ride my bike with no handle bars, there was even a time that I could run a 5k but that was in ye olden high school days. As of now I'm not a super fit guy, just little chunky 'round the middle. When I see a flight of stairs, I might as well be staring at a band of goblins. But I'm wanting to change that and get fit. I want to look at the dirty goblin stairs and say "Hey! You ain't gonna scare me! You ain't nuthin!"

When I was 18 I tried a little bit of college but dropped out quickly after my first semester. After that I worked at a movie theater, a kitchen, tried my hand as a door man for a club, then settled down at a Starbucks for a few years. But when my best friend who I lived with decided that paying rent wasn't something that he liked doing and ran off with someone he dated for a a couple of weeks I found that I couldn't make ends meet on my own. Luckily I was able to move back home with my folks. That was about a year and a half ago, since then I've started to go back to school with their help. Through out all of this I've never been very consistent with my fitness. Occasionally I would wonder into a gym and pick up something heavy, put it down, pick it up again but this wouldn't last longer that a month or two. After which I wouldn't see the innards of a gym for months at a time. 

But I'm lookin' to change all of that. I'm hoping that I can make fitness and exercise a true hobby and passion.

Also y'all seem like a right neat crowd and I would very much like to join y'all in aspirin' to level up something might fierce.  

So here's for hoping. 

And Hello!

lvl 5 Human-Ranger

Male, Age 24

STR - 5, DEX - 4, STA - 3, CON - 3, WIS - 2, WIS - 2, CHA - 3

Current Challenge

Hi Artorias, I'm a newbie here myself. Thanks for sharing your story. It's honest, real and refreshing to hear. I too aspire to making fitness a passion though I am sometimes overcome by a debilitating genetic condition called laziness. It took a month or so of mornings in the gym plugging away on the bike or the cross trainer before I actually felt like I could jump on the treadmill and do a run. Couple of weeks later I was running for a solid 25 min and hitting 3km. Not much for some but huge for me. It's all about consistency, a bit every day and don't give up on it. Your body will respond and suddenly one day you will think "Hey! I can do this, lets go!". That's the day you walk out of the gym with an inner smile and a strange feeling of accomplishment. Guess what? You just levelled up.              

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Nowonmaii said:

Hi Artorias, I'm a newbie here myself. Thanks for sharing your story. It's honest, real and refreshing to hear. I too aspire to making fitness a passion though I am sometimes overcome by a debilitating genetic condition called laziness. It took a month or so of mornings in the gym plugging away on the bike or the cross trainer before I actually felt like I could jump on the treadmill and do a run. Couple of weeks later I was running for a solid 25 min and hitting 3km. Not much for some but huge for me. It's all about consistency, a bit every day and don't give up on it. Your body will respond and suddenly one day you will think "Hey! I can do this, lets go!". That's the day you walk out of the gym with an inner smile and a strange feeling of accomplishment. Guess what? You just levelled up.              

Thanks Nowonmaii! That's super cool that you can run for a solid 25 min. And I feel you about the laziness, it's truly one of the most annoying bosses I've ever encountered. But just think about how much xp we could get if we can beat that laziness boss for good.

lvl 5 Human-Ranger

Male, Age 24

STR - 5, DEX - 4, STA - 3, CON - 3, WIS - 2, WIS - 2, CHA - 3

Current Challenge

9 hours ago, Artorias said:

Hi.gif.104d7203bf5b79fe86c09bebb566e2b3.gif

I'm lookin to level.

I've just found NerdFitness a week ago and I love that there is a community that thinks of exercise as leveling for real life. I'm a 24 year old dork in Texas, about 5'9", weighting around 195lbs (88.5kg). I can do a pull up, do a push up or two, and I can ride my bike with no handle bars, there was even a time that I could run a 5k but that was in ye olden high school days. As of now I'm not a super fit guy, just little chunky 'round the middle. When I see a flight of stairs, I might as well be staring at a band of goblins. But I'm wanting to change that and get fit. I want to look at the dirty goblin stairs and say "Hey! You ain't gonna scare me! You ain't nuthin!"

When I was 18 I tried a little bit of college but dropped out quickly after my first semester. After that I worked at a movie theater, a kitchen, tried my hand as a door man for a club, then settled down at a Starbucks for a few years. But when my best friend who I lived with decided that paying rent wasn't something that he liked doing and ran off with someone he dated for a a couple of weeks I found that I couldn't make ends meet on my own. Luckily I was able to move back home with my folks. That was about a year and a half ago, since then I've started to go back to school with their help. Through out all of this I've never been very consistent with my fitness. Occasionally I would wonder into a gym and pick up something heavy, put it down, pick it up again but this wouldn't last longer that a month or two. After which I wouldn't see the innards of a gym for months at a time. 

But I'm lookin' to change all of that. I'm hoping that I can make fitness and exercise a true hobby and passion.

Also y'all seem like a right neat crowd and I would very much like to join y'all in aspirin' to level up something might fierce.  

So here's for hoping. 

And Hello!

Welcome aboard! You can partecipate to the current 4 week challenge, started few days ago

"A single spark of passion can change a man forever
A moment in a lifetime is all it takes to break it"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D