Forums are back in action! ×

Dinged my wings, but still eager!

Hello fellow Rebels!

I'm 51, I'm currently in physical therapy for shoulder impingement.  (my dinged wings)  Don't know how it happened but it got pretty painful.  Doc thinks that PT, 6 or maybe 12 weeks, should do it.  We'll have to see if I roll a good number vs my Luck score.  It's not until I began to lose my ability to use my arms in normal ways that I truly began to see the value in exercise / fitness!  Somehow I found Nerd Fitness, and I'm soooooo eager to begin!  I totally get the concept of leveling up!  I began role-playing old school: TSR's 2nd Edition Dungeons and Dragons.  That's pen and paper folks.  Early 1980's. Anyone else remember? The Dungeon Masters Guide, Players Handbook, Monster Manual?  I was the Dungeon Master and darned good at it too.  I met my future wife because of this game!  (We'll be married 30 years this May!)

I'm overweight, I hate most exercises, I'm not flexible, don't like sports or gyms.  I do like walking, some biking, and years ago I took a few months of yoga and really enjoyed that! But it got so pricey!

I'm just going to begin today, even with my hurt shoulders.  The therapist said any exercise would be fine as long as it's not overhead pushing or pulling.  So I figure there's still a lot I could do!

I see I kind of have to go slow though, work my way through mindset, and nutrition.  I trust my fellow Rebels. I will follow the path.

I'm glad you all are here!  Be a helpful hero to this newbie and give me short sword so I can begin eliminating this town's pesky rats... ;)

• Like 4

Hey there Konifer! Sorry to hear about your shoulder problems. PT will definitely help with it.

Overweight and not flexible. Sounds a lot like me. :P That's one reason I've started doing all of this, luckily finding NerdFitness. I think the idea of leveling up a character is a great incentive for tabletop players like ourselves. :D Not to mention the support here. ^^

Kai the Science Guy

Race: Human | Class: Ranger/Monk

[Level 0 ] [STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | CON: 0 | INT: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0]

Kai's Ranger Training Lab Notebook Kai's Character Page

Hey @Konifer ! Welcome to the rebellion! :) 

I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder injury, but I am happy you found us! This community is awesome and very supportive! I think its really important to like the exercise that you do, that way it doesn't feel like a chore! Walking is excellent. I'm not sure if you read Tim's story, but it is very inspirational in terms of walking and losing weight! He lost 50 lbs by nutrition and walking alone! https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/how-tim-walked-his-way-to-a-50-pound-weight-loss-wait-what/ 

Wishing you the best of luck! :) 

• Like 1

Hi there  and welcome! Love  it when older wiser people wander on to the forum. My husband and I just celebrated or 31st wedding anniversary. 

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Recommendation: Don't stay in the inn across the way. #1, rat infested. #2, it lights on fire at random points in the night because my DM is a jerk. :P 

Nice to meet you!

• Like 2

Starting Afresh - Battle Log

"You start off as a level one human with no class. At all." - Munchkin Player's Guide

"What is the you that you've dreamed of? Who do you see in the mirror? Go on your path. Even if you live for a day, do something, put away your weakness." - BTS No More Dream translated