Forums are back in action! ×

I think this is not working...

Let me start with saying that I have abandoned training for quite a while now. The reason is that I started walking dogs, and this has brought a lot of pain to my body. Small story here:

I started walking the pooches because I needed the money. I quickly noticed that going from cero to walking 4km a day makes my body hurt. Non the less I thought this would take a while for my body to get used to, and in time I would be able to resume training and walk with more ease. It has been 4 months or so now, and my legs and feet hurt as they did the very first day. (I went to the doctor and he just laughed about it, saying I am just putting too much effort on my body all of a sudden. My feet are healthy and ok). 

Moving on to my weight, I was also expecting some lossI mean, one, two kg? but there was none. I started watching what I eat, drinking more water and less or no soda, avoiding snacks the best I could. But not even a gram was lost. 

What is worse, I seem to have less and less energy each day. I visited an endocrinologist and took tests and everything seems to be ok. 

At this point I'm assuming maybe I need more strength on my legs. I did some simple exercises at night, like 5 sit ups and a bit of yoga. Stretching helped a little bit but my legs were even worse the next day. I rested for a day with at and tried again with the same results. 

Tldr, I am making NO progress at all and I don't know why. I Know I am now playing strictly by the rules, so no big changes expected, but no changes at all? I'm clearly doing something wrong... And most people I ask laugh at me so yeah... 

Help? 

Thanks! 

• Like 1
On 3/2/2017 at 10:49 PM, Herumon said:

Also sorry for the spelling mistakes, some are mine because I am not a native speaker, and some are of the silly autocorrect and phone tantrums. 

No need to apologize. 100% understandable.

On 3/3/2017 at 5:21 PM, Hazard said:

How many calories are you eating daily?

I was thinking something along those lines too. Could be some kind of dietary imbalance. I know you went to an endocrinologist, so it sounds like most medical things have been checked out. I'm assuming that among the tests the doctor tested your iron and vitamin D? Those are two common culprits.

One solution to foot-leg pain could be a different pair of shoes or even just a nice think padded pair of socks. Another idea would be to try walking on softer surfaces. If you usually walk on concrete (most sidewalks) even little bits of grass could help.

Another thing to try might be elevating your legs for a bit at night. Either just propping them up on a pillow, or trying this yoga pose (the props are optional)

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016