Forums are back in action! ×

Match Start!

I'm a 24 year old college student, and Twitch streamer (variety and creative caster). I am majoring English to write for tv shows, focus on crime dramas, and looking to minor in theater arts because of an interest in prop making. I stream a variety of games (currently doing a Mass Effect playthrough), and my creative hobbies, which include pyrography, foam fabrication, leather crafting, calligraphy, clay sculpting, 3D printing, & painting. I know that's a lot of hobbies, I've become something of a jack of all trades, master of none I guess, but I love doing each one!

Now, I haven't exercised since it was a requirement in high school, and I'm definitely paying for it now. I've had asthma for years, and carpal tunnel syndrome (the stretches for which I learned in physical therapy are the only exercise I do so that doesn't worsen), but recently I've become much worse. After a scare in January, during which I could not properly breath for a couple days, and on bed rest, I decided it was time for a change. I'd always been aware that my self care was atrocious but convinced myself it was fine by telling myself 'I'm young, it'll be fine', 'physical activity isn't my thing', and 'that's a problem for Future Me'.

Well, now Future Me is here and cursing that darn Past Me. There are changes I've already made since joining Nerd Fitness, but I want to be a part of the community here, and meet others who are on the same path and facing the same struggles. If you'd like to chat, or if you're ok with my asking you some questions sometime, please let me know!

Thanks for reading my story! <3

-MissJenniecide

• Like 2

Welcome to the Rebellion, Jenniecide! I have a feeling as to how you feel, my bro in law keeps telling me that at a particular age "the warranty expires" on your body now I'm trying to deal with a tweak in my back that doesn't want to go away. Curse my dumb past self!

I've gotta ask, could you elaborate on pyrography? It sounds very intriguing.

But for now, you've gotta think about what your goals are, specifically. And how do you plan on obtaining them? Think about what's around you in terms of your resources. And NF will give back what you put in, so if you want support from others, you've got to give others support.

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hiya @Red1263! Sorry for the late response here, I got oddly busy today. I'm glad I'm not the only one who kept making the mistake of putting things off, makes me feel a little less bad. :P

Pyrography is burning designs into wood. It can be done with laser engraving now, but I use a soldering tool to do it by hand. I like doing detail work in my art, so I prefer it that way, even though it takes forever and a day!

I do have a couple short term goals in mind, but for the most part I'm focusing on not losing steam, and letting myself stop, which I think is going to be my biggest problem. My first goal is actually just "Don't Stop", which I've already failed since I got the flu for a week and definitely didn't work out at all. I know a few people who compete in crossfit, and are trainers, but I know they're used to working with way more experienced groups, so I'm reluctant to ask. I'd really like to see if I can find other NF members in my area, for accountability and some solidarity.

Now I'm the one with the late reply [emoji14] sorry tapatalk didn't tell me when you responded. But trust me, whatever problems you're facing, there are nerds on here that are facing the same thing, nerds who have beaten said thing, and nerds who are still struggling with said thing. You are not alone.

That sounds awesome! Will you be posting some of your work?

Ok the ONLY way you've failed this goal is if you've completely, and I mean COMPLETELY stopped all progress. Being sick is a temporary setback, it doesn't mean that you've failed. I was sick for a solid week, couldn't even get out of bed to go to the bathroom without getting dizzy, and you know what I did once I got better? I went right back to the grind as if nothing had changed.

You'll stumble, and life is not without its curveballs, but that doesn't mean that you have failed, all that means is that you have to adapt. Even if you can't do anything but drink water until you're better, that's far better than giving up!

There are links for people to find accountability groups on NF. It shouldn't be too hard.

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."