Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest Cookie Monster

Hey all,

I'm new to NF and not into taking about myself so here goes my brief and awkward intro. I'm a mildly overweight desk jockey with a demonic sweet tooth. If there is sugar in it, you can count on me to eat it all to save you from it. I can get started with healthy changes but I always take on too much too fast and invariably fall off the wagon. That's where you come in. I am hoping to find support for long-term lifestyle changes here among my peeps.

As far as nerd types go, I am basically a real-life adult Tina Belcher (from Bob's Burgers). I even run like her and make that noise (eeehhhhhhhhhh). I'm into literature, board games, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and you know, the meaning of existence.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion! We're glad to have you here! (And for saving us from sugar... I guess?) So this site is full of resources but right now, you'll need to lay out a plan, list your long term goals and your short term ones as well. Then we can help you fond the ways to reach those goals

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Welcome, Lua! I feel ya on the sweet tooth thing. I can go for a few days, but eventually, that damn tooth bites me again. Fruit doesn't really do the trick, but I've found I enjoy eating like half a protein bar for a sweet snack, so at least I'm not getting complete garbage with my sugar. And of course, I count those calories. (I use the MyPlate Android app.)

I'm pretty new here, too (three-ish weeks), but if I can help in any way, let me know. There are no stupid questions, and if I don't know the answer, I'll go on a quest for it!

=)

Laurie