Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from another Newb

Greetings All!

I, too, am a 47-yo soon to be 48.  I looked in the mirror last week and realized that, in fact, I don't quite look like I do in my wedding photos.  Hmmm.  Bummer.  I have small children that are growing and increasingly asking me to do more physical things that I can't keep up with.  Finally, my youngest will be finished with school about the time I plan to retire.  At this rate, I am afraid that I will not be there for them.  I am almost 100lbs overweight, sit all of the time, and have very little energy or drive.  I came upon this site looking for comic book stuff--isnt that funny? I am inspired by the stories here and hope to be as successful as others.

Cheers,

Earenthorn

• Like 1

Welcome Earenthorn! I agree. My 47-year-old self bears almost no resemblance to my self of  25 years ago. I think I might like to change that! LOL I've been on NF for two or three weeks and love it. I also joined the NF Academy just to have the structure and work on my mindset. I want to lose about 80 lbs, gain muscle, and maintain flexibility so I enter old age fitter than I was 25 years ago.

I'm sorry it took so long for anyone to greet you! Normally, folks here are super friendly and encouraging. Maybe just the Easter week lead-up/spring break had people busy? I dunno, but I'm here now! :D;) I'm still getting used to the navigation around here... it's a little confusing... but if I can help in any way, let me know. If I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does.

Much luck to you!

=)

Laurie

Welcome. Love it when gals in the forties decide to get fit and strong! Do you have some goals to start you on your journey?

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27