Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow rebels my name is Magnus Darkwinter. By day just your average overweight Ecommerce Support Technician for a large Evil Corp. By night I am a Technopath / Rogue super hero who refuses to allow Evil Corp to trick me into eating poorly, spending to much, and being controlled by the system. I am 25 years old, 5 feet 5 inches, and 188 lbs today. One year ago I weighed almost 225 lbs. 

I have been reading NF for years, lurked on the forums once or twice, and even bought a copy of level up your life. However it took me years to finally break some really bad habits and change the way I eat and think about food. Over the past 6 months I have kicked things into over drive and started to take things more seriously.. I have been practicing strength training, walking / running a 5K, martial arts, and a surprising favorite of yoga. I have more fun with my workouts now and no longer see them as a chore. Its a chance for fresh air, and to level up my skills and abilities as a rogue secret agent.

As a child I was obsessed with spys like James Bonds, and assassins like Jason Bourne. I even took a trip to the International Spy Museum in Washington D.C. once. In high school I discovered a love and passion for web design, programming, networking, and cyber security. So now combined with the mindset NF has shown me my true calling has been reveled and my costume is fresh from the dry cleaners! 

My goals are to reach around 150 lbs, spend less on junk food, and other addictive items Evil Corp sells to control you, and assemble my own covert agency to take down Evil Corp (teach others what I have learned) 

• Like 2

Welcome Magnus! It's so great that you've already lost almost 40 lbs. And you sound like you have your priorities right and head on straight by changing the way you "eat and think about food." That's awesome. I bow to you!

I hope you enjoy your time here and learn some cool stuff. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to find the answers for you, although I'm a 3-week-old newb while you've already been here for years. Still, the offer's there... or maybe I'll hit YOU up with MY questions... Hmmm.....

=)

Laurie

• Like 1

Wow!  That's amazing, well done bro!  It's so true that you can have all the knowledge, and the desire to change but you have to be really prepared and really ready before you can actually apply it.  I'm really pleased for you (even though I had to convert the lbs into stone before I had a fucking clue what weight you were) and I'm sure you can lose that last 3st 4lbs :P 

If you've been lurking here, does that mean you know your way around, know about the challenges, the character creator, the epic quest, yadda yadda yadda?  If you need any help then just shout. :) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously