Forums are back in action! ×

South African want to move to America as Personal Trainer

Hello everyone,

So I am a South African and I want to move to America as a Personal Trainer.

I have searched online for a couple of hours but can't seem to get a clear answer.

So what are some steps that I can take to move to America?

So I have two issues.

I want to know what certificate or qualifications I will need to be able to get a job abroad. Do I need a Bachelor's or would a Personal Training Degree be enough. Would I need many years of experience? How many years would I need? I am currently in China and would like to start studying something fitness related. But my main goal is to move to America, so if I have to let one dream go(and study something else) in order to achieve another(move to America) then I would not mind.

Reason why this is a very difficult decision to make is because I am not entirely positive about my future as a personal trainer(anywhere in the world). Although I have the knowledge and the willingness to do what it takes, I feel that my personality would hold me back. I am an Introverted person, and not a good salesman. As I understand it, those two skills are required to be a good or successful personal trainer.

So would it even be a good for me to go into the fitness direction?

Can anyone give me suggestions on what a good major would be for me based on the little information that I have given. :D 

Introverted(not shy); What to move to America; Also interested in computers, IT, programming;

Thanks for any help.

I'm going to move this to another part of the forums so it will be more visible. I don't know much about immigration, but I think it might be hard coming over as a personal trainer.

Here's a link from the US Government with helpful info.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process.html

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath