Forums are back in action! ×

MY GOD!!!

Guest Eduard

With Waldo here... this dude is doing things I hope to do. :)

Incredible.

Ha, I can do the L-sit dips. A bit of a ways off on everything else, LOL. But at least I'm working in that direction. Still a ways off on my levers (planche, front, back), he busts each one out at some point.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Ok from a mom perspective the glass part made me very nervous just watching it but...

from a female perspective, Oh My God he's HOT!!! I think I need to excuse myself for a few minutes. Talk amongst yourselves. ;)

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

I'd be happy with a handstand pushup and one-arm pushup right now. Haha.

Handstand pushup is only the halfway point though. Then you have to elevate your hands to go full hands to shoulders ROM and start working on 90 degree pushups/handstand press (planche to handstand press, you don't actually have to be able to do a planche to do it, you can press up from the early planche series holds (from a tuck)).

One arm pushups are cool but kind of the end of the line. Not much that you can do with them except to work them for reps instead of regular pushup. The dip is a more fundamental of a pressing exercise than a pushup for gymnastics/acrobatics.

currently cutting

don't panic!

Guest Eduard

To the ladies admiring the guy... his name is Willy Weldens, I guess he's pretty attractive as you said, and you can go at his show if you wish. I'm afraid, though, that what you saw is kinda his only acrobatics show... but from what I know, he also juggles and tames dogs. And unicycle stuff. Hell, I guess he will also be a shirtless waiter for you if you pay him to.

To the guys admiring Willy too and wanting to learn from him / do some of his stuff,

(spectacular at 2:20, but watch it all!). Too bad he doesn't show how he trains for his headstand on that bottle... but anyway, it's badass. The training is like a show in itself. You might have seen it, 'cause the video is much more popular than his show, but... worth being watched over and over.

Waldo, although I didn't see any weights in the video in his garage, I'm pretty sure he does stuff like sandbag training, and maybe some powerlifting too. And he's probaby good with the bike too, judging by the end of the video.

Oh, well. :)

To the ladies admiring the guy... his name is Willy Weldens, I guess he's pretty attractive as you said, and you can go at his show if you wish. I'm afraid, though, that what you saw is kinda his only acrobatics show... but from what I know, he also juggles and tames dogs. And unicycle stuff. Hell, I guess he will also be a shirtless waiter for you if you pay him to.

Oh, well. :)

Sure he's attractive to look at in general but it's really the way he moves and the things he can do with that body that's hot. Not as attractive in a still photo. Hotter in motion. But hey that's just me.:love-struck:

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Respect to him, wow.

One Arm Push-Ups aren't necessarily the end. Decline One Arm Push-Ups, adjusting to keep the reps low, Weighted Vest/Backpack (there are quite a few bags that can hold 100+ pounds, and a few others (bringing the feet closer over time, Rings, etc...)

And I believe Loren said he would be happy with Handstand Push-Ups right now... not an end goal....

Respect to him, wow.

One Arm Push-Ups aren't necessarily the end. Decline One Arm Push-Ups, adjusting to keep the reps low, Weighted Vest/Backpack (there are quite a few bags that can hold 100+ pounds, and a few others (bringing the feet closer over time, Rings, etc...)

And I believe Loren said he would be happy with Handstand Push-Ups right now... not an end goal....

....I was pointing out how anticlimatic getting them (handstand pushups) is. One arm pushups felt like much more of an accomplishment. A wall handstand pushup is still very much a beginners move which dampers it when you get them.

currently cutting

don't panic!

I don't believe pushing your bodyweight in a Headstand is anticlimactic. For many, that's plenty of accomplishment to keep the momentum high.

Maybe for some. Prior to getting them I was really focused on them, once I can do that I can do....., it seemed like a huge milestone, but that wasn't the case at all. I think the tuck press up is a bigger milestone, or a press up from a straight headstand. Doing a wall handstand pushup doesn't mean you are strong enough to press up from the bottom alone yet, you most likely will make use of the spring action when doing wall handstand pushups to get your first one.

currently cutting

don't panic!

Waldo, although I didn't see any weights in the video in his garage, I'm pretty sure he does stuff like sandbag training, and maybe some powerlifting too. And he's probaby good with the bike too, judging by the end of the video.

Do you know that for sure about the powerlifting? Most gymnasts/acrobats avoid weights, especailly in the upper body, they make you tight in ways you don't want to be tight and unbalance the muscles, simply working the skills is more than enough strength training.

currently cutting

don't panic!

Guest Eduard
Do you know that for sure about the powerlifting? Most gymnasts/acrobats avoid weights, especailly in the upper body, they make you tight in ways you don't want to be tight and unbalance the muscles, simply working the skills is more than enough strength training.

I don't know, it's just what I thought looking at the way his muscles look. He seems to be the tank type.

Also, if anyone is interested in what else he can do...

Amazing juggling video

Amazing dog training video (some mild acrobatics too)

Amazing unicycle video

Looking at the way he jumps on the unicycle might shock us guys thinking at the way it must hurt down there, but he must be fine since

requires massive balls, metaphorically.

Good to know. I hope to one day be able to have that kind of (amazing, jaw dropping!) ability. I need to do more research. I did think it seemed counterproductive to do both yoga and weights.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

....I was pointing out how anticlimatic getting them (handstand pushups) is. One arm pushups felt like much more of an accomplishment. A wall handstand pushup is still very much a beginners move which dampers it when you get them.

It's not all that anticlimactic for me. I know what you mean, but my goal is to do them without a wall. One handstand pushup. Sheer strength and balance.

It's not all that anticlimactic for me. I know what you mean, but my goal is to do them without a wall. One handstand pushup. Sheer strength and balance.

For sure. Same here. I don't think that point is that far off. It is easy to freebalance a headstand. It is relatively easy to keep your balance on the way up (I'm usually freebalancing on the way up). Combine the two and whallah, you got it (in other words, I think a freebalancing pushup will be easier than just holding a handstand without the wall). However pushing up from the bottom without the spring action is different (and harder) than going down and up while against the wall. That to me is the accomplishment point. For some reason I thought I'd be able to push up from the bottom alone when I could do full ROM, and I was wrong about that.

currently cutting

don't panic!

Good to know. I hope to one day be able to have that kind of (amazing, jaw dropping!) ability. I need to do more research. I did think it seemed counterproductive to do both yoga and weights.

I'm not sure Yoga itself is that good of strength training. Doing the stuff he was doing is. Levers, press ups, handstands, L-sit dips, that stuff takes a lot of muscle to pull off. It looks graceful but doing it isn't much different than pumping iron.

currently cutting

don't panic!